The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsThe TavernSPAM

21 5610
qwerty1011
qwerty1011
554 posts
Peasant

This is a thread devoted to my new society the Society for the Promotion of the Awareness of Monster rights or SPAM for short. That was the best acronym I could think of on the spot.

It was inspired by the game Monster Castle Defense which is a new take on the whole humans go kill monster nest generic game idea by reversing it. It reminded me of this video. Anyway I'm interested in seeing what discussions might be caused by this and also how many people will see my thread and think it is spam and report it to a moderator.

• 21 Replies
Latchem
Latchem
75 posts
Farmer

Well a monster doesn't really have rights. by definition a monster is hated by humankind therefore why would I give it rights? I mean... it might have feelings but I'm a homo sapien! I have sentience, this gives me the right to kill you!... Right?

Paarfam
Paarfam
1,558 posts
Nomad

Change the title. It is extremely misleading. Ask a mod, please, just do it.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Well a monster doesn't really have rights. by definition a monster is hated by humankind therefore why would I give it rights?

A monster is hated by a lot of humans because of what people usually think about them. People think that monsters are big nasty things that might do harm to them.
It's something like X-men, people call them monsters, but they are actually human beings, but they have powers that let them do extraordinary things. So just because a whole bunch of people call them monsters, they shouldn't have rights?
how many people will see my thread and think it is spam and report it to a moderator.

Expect a few people that come to the tavern to report it, since they have a short attention span and probably won't even read your opening post.
Change the title. It is extremely misleading. Ask a mod, please, just do it.

If people are that stupid and don't read the opening post then they'll report it, but if people actually read, then there should be no problem. He doesn't have to ask to change the title because it's an acronym of something he created.
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,319 posts
Treasurer

If people are that stupid and don't read the opening post then they'll report it, but if people actually read, then there should be no problem. He doesn't have to ask to change the title because it's an acronym of something he created.

That only matters if what he created is not spam.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

That only matters if what he created is not spam.

What he created isn't spam. Patrick, why do you intentionally try to troll threads? Troll: someone who goes into a thread and goes off-topic. It's what you just did. Can't you read the opening-post then contribute to it then rather quote someone then be all serious. It's really pathetic and annoying when you do that.
it might have feelings but I'm a homo sapien!

Who's to say a monster isn't homosapien?
Latchem
Latchem
75 posts
Farmer

A monster is hated by a lot of humans because of what people usually think about them. People think that monsters are big nasty things that might do harm to them.
It's something like X-men, people call them monsters, but they are actually human beings, but they have powers that let them do extraordinary things. So just because a whole bunch of people call them monsters, they shouldn't have rights?
Again if someone's greater than you and you have a way of bringing them down / out of the picture you'll take it :P I mean no one will say it... but it's sub-concious ;D that or I'm Hitler's love-child....
Paarfam
Paarfam
1,558 posts
Nomad

You expect people to READ??? I know SOMEONE will mistake it. I just suggested he changes the acronym around.

Now...
Let's get on - topic.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Again if someone's greater than you and you have a way of bringing them down / out of the picture you'll take it

At school there are more intelligent students than you, that doesn't mean that you're going to try to bring them down because that would result in you going to prison.
Latchem
Latchem
75 posts
Farmer

At school there are more intelligent students than you, that doesn't mean that you're going to try to bring them down because that would result in you going to prison.
Ever heard of "Nerd" "Geek" or the new hybrid of "Neek"? :P
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Need edit button, I hate when someone posts before me and I don't even know it.

Let's get on - topic.

Go right ahead, all my posts on here have been on-topic. Take your own advise.
but it's sub-concious

No, if someone is better than me in some way then I'm not going to think about how I'll take them down.
Ever heard of "Nerd" "Geek" or the new hybrid of "Neek"?

People are stronger than you, smarter than you, and all around perfect. Are you going to try to take them down? It'd be rather stupid to try.
Latchem
Latchem
75 posts
Farmer

People are stronger than you, smarter than you, and all around perfect. Are you going to try to take them down? It'd be rather stupid to try.
People still try, I mean Nerds rule the world :P Look at Bill Gates, but everyone insults him and brings him down. Justin Beiber is hated by 99% of men, if you knew her personally you wouldn't insult them. But because she has a whole load of money, fame and your girlfriend, you start calling him a woman just to bring him down :P
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

People still try

Then they are of the people with lower intelligence.
everyone insults him and brings him down. Justin Beiber is hated by 99% of men, if you knew her personally you wouldn't insult them. But because she has a whole load of money, fame and your girlfriend, you start calling him a woman just to bring him down

'Everyone' is wrong. You're trying to say that everyone in the world has insulted him, when people don't. And no, I've never insulted either of those two individuals.
Latchem
Latchem
75 posts
Farmer

-__- Ok so my choice of words are crap... It's late :P but do you see my point many individuals whom I know are like that... therefore according to my knowledge it is like that. But it's a little sub-concious, like when people are drowning they tend to push their rescuer down just to get another gasp of air (that one i know cos i've done some life guard training ;D)

mdv96
mdv96
1,017 posts
Nomad

Who else clicked this thread and thought it would be about canned, spiced ham?

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Who else clicked this thread and thought it would be about canned, spiced ham?

I clicked it and thought it was about a user complaining about spam. That was before I read his post.
Showing 1-15 of 21