ForumsThe TavernParkour!!!

21 4902
gahsdriver
gahsdriver
49 posts
Peasant

HI there all traceurs,I was wondering could someone help me because I am begginer.I have problem with gate vault,evry tim i flip over gate/fence i hit my on gate/fence.

PLS hel me!!!!!

• 21 Replies
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Not sure, maybe looking at YouTube videos and searching on Google. Maybe increasing your agility, endurance, stamina, speed, and such. Search on ways how.

gahsdriver
gahsdriver
49 posts
Peasant

Arledy tried that so im postig this to get answer from some expirienced.Anyway thanks.

gahsdriver
gahsdriver
49 posts
Peasant

oh and i forggot if someone have tips for wall run.Thanks.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

I don't think there are many experienced people that do parkour on a forum that's on a flash gaming site.

Things that I recommend doing:
Jump rope, jumping jacks, running long distances increases stamina, sprinting short distances increases speed, get a few blocks then stack them up, jump up on them, then go down, and repeat.

I'm not into parkour, but those are some things that could help you with it.

master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

I can't help you but youtube can

My school has some cushion like things in the back of the gym so sometime is do flips and some parkour moves on those.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

If you have gymnastics available at your school then you should sign up for it. That'd be great practice.

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

there are quite a few people interested in parkour on this forum, having seen several threads on this i'd say I was relatively experienced.

what are you hitting on the fence? either way I would suggest push up drills, handstands, and front handsprings on a flat surface before flip vaulting a gate, coz failing that could result in a nasty face plant...

as for wall run, exhale as you take off, it really helps the rhythm. I would also look into a technique called blocking, which helps you alter momentum.

skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,375 posts
Blacksmith

If your trying to flip off the fence, I'm assuming you mean like a smaller fence, all you really do, is lock your arms, and kick your legs over.

If you want to do anything, try it on something small first. Try and find a small hand railing or something first, that way if you miss, your not that screwed.

master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

Just a tip for Parkour. First thing you should learn is how to fall into a roll. It takes a large amount of pressure off you and it looks awesome. I sometimes just jump into a roll for no reason just because it looks epic.

pratchu
pratchu
493 posts
Nomad

well, your lucky im an interested person in parkour even if im barely qualifing it a school.

anyway, your best chance is to try to find an object near that is half the size. jump on that, thenquickly try the gate flip. this is how i would do this at school before they decided to make the plants grow in the cement soil holders. there was a small fence in front of it so i would jump on the ence and then flip over the holder which looks pretty awesome.

gahsdriver
gahsdriver
49 posts
Peasant

Thanks a lot guys.

what are you hitting on the fence?

I hit my head.
samabizzle
samabizzle
46 posts
Nomad

I don't think there are many experienced people that do parkour on a forum that's on a flash gaming site.

Truer words have never been spoken...or typed...
Paarfam
Paarfam
1,558 posts
Nomad

Who's to say I don't do parkour? I do it when I get bored all the time.

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

if you're hitting your head, chances are you don't have enough upper body strength. train as I previously advised!

also, in any flip, you need to think UP, not across or around. i'll explain what that means later.

DarkGamer99
DarkGamer99
606 posts
Nomad

I've herd of Parkour and I did a little bit of it. Like they siad watch helpful video's on youtube and look on different site. That will give you your answer.

Showing 1-15 of 21