ForumsThe TavernParkour!!!

21 4901
gahsdriver
gahsdriver
49 posts
Peasant

HI there all traceurs,I was wondering could someone help me because I am begginer.I have problem with gate vault,evry tim i flip over gate/fence i hit my on gate/fence.

PLS hel me!!!!!

• 21 Replies
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

also, in any flip, you need to think UP, not across or around. i'll explain what that means later.

Okay now I'm off my phone and on the computer, I can explain what this means.

A flip consists of a jump, a stall, a rotation and a landing. By "UP, not across", I mean that the focus of any motion needs to be up i.e. against gravity. If you focus on the rotation i.e. "across", you will prematurely curtail your jump and stall, won't get as much air, and will crash (I can expand on this if you need).

In terms of a gate flip, this means that you will essentially need to try and achieve the handstand position on the gate. Why? Because that will actually maximise your momentum over the gate, because there is intrinsic rotation in order to handstand on the gate in the first place. The only difference is that you aren't purposefully stopping the motion, in fact if you get your legs and body nice and straight, guaranteed if you just continue as feels natural, the rotation will continue, your feet will naturally seek ground and you will land on your feet... without hitting your head on anything.

Similar principle applies to any kind of flip, be it front, back, side, aerial, doubleleg etc.
Ghgt99
Ghgt99
1,890 posts
Nomad

Here is a cool video of parkour. [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEeqHj3Nj2c[/url]

FireflyIV
FireflyIV
3,224 posts
Nomad

If you're based anywhere near LA, go here.

Other than that, from my amateur's perspective, my advice would be hit the gym hard, and be be crazily brave.

gahsdriver
gahsdriver
49 posts
Peasant

Thank you Strop it helped a lot(i learned it),and thanks to other guys thay were helpfull.
Now I'm working on wall 360,so if ypu have some tips pls post them.Thanks

dair5
dair5
3,371 posts
Shepherd

My cousin tries to do parkour, but he's just starting out.

EnterOrion
EnterOrion
4,220 posts
Nomad

That is some ninja ****.

If I ever get around to not being fast, I'm going to start working on that. That's freaking awesome.

Showing 16-21 of 21