The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsThe TavernSource of happiness

28 3109
master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

What do you think is the source of happiness?

I like to stay with the scientific answer i discovered, tryptophan. Tryptophan is the chemical (commonly found in chocolate and turkey) that your body uses to help produce serotonin. Serotonin, is the chemical that your body releases to make you feel "happy".

• 28 Replies
Sheppard007
Sheppard007
237 posts
Nomad

I think that doing things you enjoy, like sports and ag, is the source of happiness.

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,340 posts
Farmer

i actually have to go against science in this case. if that was 100% true then we would all be get happy from the same things while some things can make someone happy and someone else can find it well... not happy.

i think everyone has his own source. mine is to be beloved by other people

master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

i actually have to go against science in this case. if that was 100% true then we would all be get happy from the same things while some things can make someone happy and someone else can find it well... not happy.

It doesn't make your brain release the serotonin. Doing stuff that makes you happy makes your brain release it.
Paarfam
Paarfam
1,558 posts
Nomad

Did you forget about Dope? It's created inside your brain, the drug is nothing like what's made in your brain except for the fact that it makes you happy.

DarkGamer99
DarkGamer99
606 posts
Nomad

Nothing makes me happy. Maybe somethings. Not a lot. And I don't that is true. If chocolate made everyone happy than we wouldn't have any cranky jerks in this world. And so on. So that is false.

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

I like to stay with the scientific answer i discovered, tryptophan. Tryptophan is the chemical (commonly found in chocolate and turkey) that your body uses to help produce serotonin. Serotonin, is the chemical that your body releases to make you feel "happy".

If you want to be really scientific about it, chocolate is not technically a source of happiness, it is the source of an amino acid that is metabolised to produce the neurotransmitter used at the synapses of the type of neurons associated with happiness and motivation. At best, chocolate is a catalyst, not a source of happiness in itself :P People who say that "chocolate makes me happy" may or may not be experiencing a placebo effect.

There is no one source of happiness, at least I don't think it's meaningful to ask that question. For each person it probably lies somewhere in a balance between serving a self-interest, and serving an interest of somebody else which comes back to serving a self-interest.
DarkGamer99
DarkGamer99
606 posts
Nomad

So there is really no source of happiness. No matter what we're saying,

Kalb789
Kalb789
639 posts
Baron

What do you think is the source of happiness?

you just answered your own question so why even ask?
Koru7
Koru7
1,405 posts
Nomad

@Kalb789
i think hes trying to ask what your source of happiness besides the scientific way. mine is laughing and having fun in general.

Hammz
Hammz
38 posts
Nomad

My source of happiness is knowing that people care for me. Also, the fact that there are people out in the world who would die for one another. The bond that keeps some of us together is what makes me happy, and when I have seen it tested in the past, It really makes my day. This is because that bond that we have, has withstood terror, genocide, and time.

And football, I live for it.

TheGr8est
TheGr8est
703 posts
Nomad

Serotonin, is the chemical that your body releases to make you feel "happy".

Is "realeases" also to be taken literally?

shailajaisrani
shailajaisrani
274 posts
Nomad

having lots of fun

master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

Maybe science someday will be able to control this and make us feel happy all the time.

They can. Thats what anti depressants do, they make your brain release the serotonins.

Is "realeases" also to be taken literally?

Yes, it literally release it.

If you want to be really scientific about it, chocolate is not technically a source of happiness, it is the source of an amino acid that is metabolised to produce the neurotransmitter used at the synapses of the type of neurons associated with happiness and motivation. At best, chocolate is a catalyst, not a source of happiness in itself :P People who say that "chocolate makes me happy" may or may not be experiencing a placebo effect.

The only test i failed this year in bio was the one on amino acids . But either way, i didn't say chocolate was the source of happiness. I was saying that that tryptophan was found in it.
ide4749
ide4749
310 posts
Nomad

Doing what i'm doin right now

DarkGamer99
DarkGamer99
606 posts
Nomad

I'm happy when I joke around with my co-workers.

Showing 1-15 of 28