The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsThe TavernWhat Does Pork Bacon Taste Like? (Questions From a Kosher Jew)

47 10758
zakyman
zakyman
1,627 posts
Peasant

I have never had a piece of pork or ham or pig products in my life. What does real bacon taste like, how does it compare to turkey bacon, and what do other trayfe (non-kosher) foods like lobster and shrimp taste like?

• 47 Replies
Alexistigerspice
Alexistigerspice
1,502 posts
Farmer

It tastes delicious! Just thinking about bacon makes my mouth water. Unfortunately, I can have any right now because I have been vegetarian for about six or seven months... but its greasy, fatty, salty chewy yumminess

master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

well first, off that sucks you havent eatin meat

You realize there is more types of meats then the one he listed. He has probably eaten chicken, cow, lamb, and fish.

Ramen noodles are awesome.
xXKashitoXx
xXKashitoXx
827 posts
Nomad

Its awesome. The goodness of it makes me hungry right now!

Latchem
Latchem
75 posts
Farmer

Bacon is the atheist's God tbh ;D The smell is our holy spirit, it brings us immense happiness ect. ect.... also the cure for a hangover :P

Anyone here ever tried a Steakon sandwhich?

zakyman
zakyman
1,627 posts
Peasant

He has probably eaten chicken, cow, lamb, and fish.

Yes I have in fact have had all of the above, and I do agree with the Ramen noodles statement.

If bacon only tastes like greasy fat, than I think an EggMcMuffin would resemble bacon pretty well.
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Two weeks of this due to being lazy and having no money every month might change that opinion. It sure did to me. Still waiting for it to happen to bacon, however.

If bacon only tastes like greasy fat, than I think an EggMcMuffin would resemble bacon pretty well.

Except bacon actually tastes like meat. Sure, it is greasy and salty, but if you get a high quality bacon it is much more than that.
Sadly it is generally hard to describe tastes to other people without using certain reference points. For example, it would be somewhat stupid to describe the taste as being pork in this context, because of your lack of reference point on that.

It would be like trying to describe the taste of meat to someone who have never tasted meat. You would end up with the same descriptions: "Well, it is somewhat juicy then it tastes like, uh, well, uh...".

However, it tastes about as well as it smells.
Bladerunner679
Bladerunner679
2,487 posts
Blacksmith

bacon's tast isn't something you can put on a thread for conversation. you have to try it to know.

My scoutmaster knows a muslim dude who is completeley americanized. the dude loves bacon, but isn't allowed to eat it because of religious rules. so he eats it whenever none of his muslim co-workers are around. in case you are wondering why this is relevant, it is because bacon is just that amazing.

are you talking about the american brands that taste like chicken, or the oriental ones that are extremely spicy. I love the korean Ramen myself. the american flavors just can't compare to the real stuff thats made in actual oriental resturants.
ShadowShank696
ShadowShank696
577 posts
Nomad

bacon is good when i actually take it upon myself to get up in the morning ill usually have some bacon as for ramen i like all kinds of ramen except the really spicy ones cuz they tend to make my stomach hurt

Gantic
Gantic
11,891 posts
King

Bacon tastes like salted lard. Of course, lard comes from a pig, so that description isn't that helpful. Imagine the flavor of beef fat without that grassy, plant-like flavor that beef has, and you get something close to the lard flavor. Add the saltiness and the texture of turkey bacon and you got something close.

On the other hand, you can just get bacon salt, which I'm pretty sure is kosher, and just try that for yourself.

DarkGamer99
DarkGamer99
606 posts
Nomad

I think this person should buy a package of bacon and he should try it out for him self. It's really good.

master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

I think this person should buy a package of bacon and he should try it out for him self. It's really good.

Look at the thread title.
DarkGamer99
DarkGamer99
606 posts
Nomad

I know that. If I was him I'd still buy bacon and eat it.

zakyman
zakyman
1,627 posts
Peasant

If I was him I'd still buy bacon and eat it.

Just to let you all know, I am not going to try any trayfe foods anytime soon. Keeping kosher is important to me because I am one of the only 10 Jews in my Middle School, and half only say they are Jewish but will either become atheist or convert when they are older, and the others don't even care about keeping Kosher. During Passover, I saw one of them eating a bagel before our tennis team's match...
Bladerunner679
Bladerunner679
2,487 posts
Blacksmith

During Passover, I saw one of them eating a bagel before our tennis team's match...

I noticed that most teenage jews don't really follow the rules of their religion. I have 15 different jewish kids at my school and most of them are just like zakyman said. they just don't want to respect their family religion. being a mormon, I have my own set of rules to abide by so I know how you feel on this matter. just remember, you set yourself on a higher level if you obey the rules than those who don't.
master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

I have never got Koshers. They can not eat Pork Bacon. Big Deal.

They can't eat a lot of stuff.
Showing 16-30 of 47