ForumsThe TavernPiercings vs. Tattooes

35 4111
Alexistigerspice
Alexistigerspice
1,502 posts
Farmer

Why are piercings and tattooes considered bad? And which one do people usually think of as worse? I have 8 peircings, ears and bellybutton, and a few people told me that having those are trasy, but they have tattooes. How is one worse than the other?

• 35 Replies
idontsuckthatmuch
idontsuckthatmuch
2,261 posts
Nomad

Meh, I'd never really get either of those, but I don't hate them. It's okay if someone else has one or both of these, but I don't like seeing people go overboard.

Too many piercings/Too many tatoos = Me not likey.

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

Religious reasons aside..

When it comes to personal preference, I'd rather limit the numbers of things hanging off my body. I have a better appreciation for tattoos, even if I still don't like them. I agree that tattoos shouldn't just be done on a whim.

Ah, and I can live with both. I didn't say I'm not prejudiced though.

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,340 posts
Farmer

i cant see why people think they are wrong. im not sure but it doesnt hurt someones health if its used and put right does it? it doesnt hurt anyone else either. i personally would never have a tatoo or peircing but thats just because i dont think it looks good. still it is MY opinion and people cant say something is good or bad just judging by looks. even my mom has a tatoo (well kinda).

DarkGamer99
DarkGamer99
606 posts
Nomad

Well Guy's get there ears pierced and it doesn't look bad. I'd never do it but it's something you see on guy's. Are Ear Rings and so on.

deathopper
deathopper
1,564 posts
Nomad

I think it's okay to get tattoos and piercings as long as it's in the correct place and you don't go overboard.
Because a tat/piercing in the wrong place may look awesome at the time, but is like a reminder to your older self that you were a **** when you were younger.
Same as going overboard, just imagine a 60 year old man/woman with 10 tats and 20 piercings.

machinesway
machinesway
101 posts
Nomad

Tattoo's for me, seeing as I have 6 as well, not biggest fan of piercings, mainly because piercings are just not for me, but I always thought if you are going to get body modification done get one that is permanent not a piercing which can be done and then removed on a whim.

DarkGamer99
DarkGamer99
606 posts
Nomad

If you remove body piercing's you have to make sure it's not going to get infected.

Koru7
Koru7
1,405 posts
Nomad

i'd say tattoos are better because you can put them in places where people wont notice them and piercings kinda stick out if they're shiny.

SkulledOut
SkulledOut
38 posts
Nomad

I think its just opinion and preference. I would never get a piercing because i see no point and i feel it won't express who i am. Tattoos however, are a permanent art-form i can design and mold to me and show off. So i am a tattoo person myself, but i see nothing wrong with either.

bazz1
bazz1
285 posts
Peasant

tattooes i thimk becuase they arent that bad they look good piercing look horrible i dont see how you would want one

JohnGarell
JohnGarell
1,747 posts
Peasant

just imagine a 60 year old man/woman with 10 tats and 20 piercings.

Check this link to images.

They who got the record about that are often very old.

I think there both are ugly, but I go for piercings.

It's just plain metal and it's easy to take away.
xNightwish
xNightwish
1,608 posts
Nomad

I go for tattoo cuz piercings last forever. Or was it the other way.

pauler94
pauler94
2,513 posts
Nomad

I think both are disgusting, but only when I don't count pierced ears. When I went to Mayhem fest some guy had two piercings on the sides of his nose, in the area between his eyes. That's gross. Lip rings are also disgusting, and so are tongue piercings, and eyebrow piercings. However, I think tattoos are much worse because you're marking your skin forever, and you're not going to want a tattoo of Satan on the back of your head when you're 80 years old (I also saw this at Mayhem on some middle-aged guy, kinda freaked me out). So, piercings are better. But honestly, one piercing that's kinda gross but also really sick at the same time is the David Draiman piercings.

Joe96
Joe96
2,226 posts
Peasant

There really isn't anything wrong with piercings/ tattoos unless there is a health risk or hate message (ex. Nazi Swastika tattoo). My neighbors across the street are probably some of the nicest people you'll ever meet. Three years ago they had twin boys, one named Joey and the other named Josh. Joey was born healthy and had his third birthday only a few weeks ago. Josh, however, was diagnosed with something called Charge Syndrome and passed before his first. After the funeral, the family had a tree planted in his honor at the park behind their house and each got a tatoo on their ankles remembering him. Also, each year they hold a 5k race/ walk raising awareness.

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,438 posts
Jester

I'm fine with a few of either, but there is such a thing as 'too much'.

Here's the world recordholder for most piercings in a single sitting. [CAUTION: contains partial nudity. Discretion advised.]

Showing 16-30 of 35