ForumsNews and FeedbackLive Chat Suggestion

504 162719
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

To avoid so many duplicate threads, please place your ideas and thoughts on a live chat system here.

Initially, we weren't going to do a live chat, but enough users asked for it that Dan has agreed, and we'll add a live chat to the system AFTER we launch AG3. It will NOT be part of the AG3 launch.

Ideas that others have suggested:
- custom channels
- password-protected channels
- kick/ban controls
- moderation controls
- report a user

We don't know yet if the chat will be Flash based, Java based, or something else.

• 504 Replies
_Spaz_
_Spaz_
143 posts
Nomad

Uhhh... why would you be talking to her here? Why can't you just talk to her via, I don't know... anything else! =P

THANK YOU! I am getting too many weird thoughts about why he would be talking to his girlfriend om Ag...lol
Blackbeltr0
Blackbeltr0
769 posts
Jester

Mods are always watching you... it won't be any different from the way it is now!

WAY TO TELL HIM SKELETON

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

Mods are always watching you... it won't be any different from the way it is now!

Can't tell if serious, but if you are, no, they really don't. At most you'll see 1 or 2 of them online, and that's for a short time. Chats will most likely have a private function as well, so you can talk to people privately. And with chats it'll be in real time and a lot of people will probably use them, so it's unlikely they will monitor it often.

They also mentioned including a private message system for profiles.
_Spaz_
_Spaz_
143 posts
Nomad

Chats will most likely have a private function as well, so you can talk to people privately. And with chats it'll be in real time and a lot of people will probably use them, so it's unlikely they will monitor it often.

They also mentioned including a private message system for profiles.

Everything is logged. I am sure they will have some way of logging your info for security issues.
Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

Can't tell if serious, but if you are, no, they really don't. At most you'll see 1 or 2 of them online, and that's for a short time.

Lol, what I'm saying is, they always have access to your conversations even if they aren't actively watching them 24/7... in other words, there's really no such thing as a private conversation here. Mods, admins, and anyone else who wants to can see anything you post if they want to! =)
_Spaz_
_Spaz_
143 posts
Nomad

there's really no such thing as a private conversation here. Mods, admins, and anyone else who wants to can see anything you post if they want to! =)

Yes, they have access to your conversations but they won't be snooping through it unless you give them a reason to.
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,746 posts
King

Yes, they have access to your conversations but they won't be snooping through it unless you give them a reason to.

That's a priority for all users to keep, but it also needs a reporting system to single out those that do feel like abusing the PM's for any sort of misconduct... =)
Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

I'm sure there are people who find other people's conversations interesting... I'm not sure why they would, but if they wanted to, they could read through all of your conversations and nobody would even know!
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,746 posts
King

I'm sure there are people who find other people's conversations interesting... I'm not sure why they would, but if they wanted to, they could read through all of your conversations and nobody would even know!

Maybe we should see it as some relaxation for them! Where we can pick up a book and read that, they can open the website and read our convo's! =P

"Ignorance is bliss" ...would apply for us users then!
mechninja
mechninja
1,577 posts
Nomad

I believe tht live chat would be a great idea for AG3.
It would be moderated by a system that doesn't allow you to post your message if it has any inapropriate words or phrases.For instance,you're on live chat with a friend,and he is mad that you beat him in the current game your are playing.He'll probably curse you out,so it'll just say,cannot display message.Inapropriate language found.Or something like that...But I think you should have live chat like in the MMO games such as Mystic Guardians and other games.You could also be able to have private live chat with a certain player.They'd have to be your friend,or they can send you a request and you could either accept or decline it.This would be a great feature for any AG game.You could share tips,or even better,you could play games that have a wireless co-op feature and link it w/ the live chat!That would be truly epic!You could play the game and at the same time connect with that specific player and play the game with them.While one player is playing and the other is trying to send a message,or vice versa,the player that is sending the message would be invincible while typing so it would be fair rather than letting enemies slaughter you while you type...I hope you guys take this under consideration!
~Mech

116 posts
Nomad

Good idea, could be easily abused though.

I still would like to see it implemented.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

Even with that system it can still be abused, profanity isn't the only rule there is. Also, for a chat room to succeed it must have a lot of moderation. Same as with the forums, without moderators in the forum, it'd go down the drain.

mechninja
mechninja
1,577 posts
Nomad

True,true.So you're saying we should have actual moderators rather than a CPU?Because I would love to see this added into AG3.Just imagine playing with your friend in co-op chatting with them.I think we could also somehow add Skype into this...Like,you can also contact your friends on Skype and play co-op with them.I hope you guys expand on this!
~Mech

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

Both would be good. Program within the chat that censors curse words, and moderators to monitor them to they don't turn into garbage.

GhostOfHorror
GhostOfHorror
890 posts
Nomad

So, just recently played this game and noticed it had a chatroom.
Is this just a feature of the game itself, or are AG implementing a chat room feature?

http://i46.tinypic.com/8ywe1j.jpg
http://i48.tinypic.com/280qcdd.jpg

Showing 436-450 of 504