ForumsNews and FeedbackLive Chat Suggestion

504 162269
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

To avoid so many duplicate threads, please place your ideas and thoughts on a live chat system here.

Initially, we weren't going to do a live chat, but enough users asked for it that Dan has agreed, and we'll add a live chat to the system AFTER we launch AG3. It will NOT be part of the AG3 launch.

Ideas that others have suggested:
- custom channels
- password-protected channels
- kick/ban controls
- moderation controls
- report a user

We don't know yet if the chat will be Flash based, Java based, or something else.

• 504 Replies
Seashark001
Seashark001
613 posts
Nomad
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

So it seems you have a problem with chatting now?

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

So it seems you have a problem with chatting now?

His problem is most likely with the effort of using an offsite chat, not chatting itself.
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

I see what you are saying, but it is the human nature to want to do things with little or even no effort, and having a system built into the website would make it easier to Direct Message users.

We have a system built into the website to directly message users. It's called profile comments. There might be times every now and then when someone wants to send something to someone else that they don't want anyone else to see, but 99.9% of the time, it doesn't need to be 100% private.
jmr822
jmr822
17 posts
Shepherd

I would suggest Having a moderator/admin chat and a regular user chat as well as the ability to host rooms. I would also suggest putting a filter on it that is optional for swearing such as the one on the game Shell Shock Live. The hosted rooms should also be able to be password protected. These are just a few of my ideas. Hope it helps. (If these ideas have already been mentioned sorry for re-posting them.)

Showing 481-485 of 504