The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsThe TavernQuestions for the community: The sun

21 2226
pratchu
pratchu
493 posts
Nomad

It has always beenproven that the Earth revolves around the sun, not like in the old days when people thought it moved around the Earth. People have come to this decision after years of studying space.

My question however, is how come the sun rises from the East and sets in the West? why couldn't there be a different order?

• 21 Replies
Dragonblaze052
Dragonblaze052
26,677 posts
Peasant

Because we are spinning around it very fast, the same reason why the sun doesn't eat us.

iheart801
iheart801
71 posts
Nomad

I thaught I had hear sothing somewhere about a large pieace of Dark Matter being in our solar system.

Dragonblaze052
Dragonblaze052
26,677 posts
Peasant

Dark matter doesn't come in pieces, it just exists.There is supposedly a large quantity that exists in the universe as a whole.

iheart801
iheart801
71 posts
Nomad

I realize that I was just trying to put a quantity on it / a way to describe it. Is there even a way to measure dark matter?

gaboloth
gaboloth
1,612 posts
Peasant

You can suppose the existence of dark matter somewhere seeing its effects, like an unknown gravity source. Since most of the stuff in our system goes the way it should do there is no reason to think that there is something big that we can't see near us.

iheart801
iheart801
71 posts
Nomad

That makes sense. I just remember seeing something about dark matter and our solar system and couldn't really remember if something had been mentioned about there being dark matter affecting our orbit of the sun or not.

Showing 16-21 of 21