ForumsNews and FeedbackAchievements Suggestion

484 141254
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Hey everyone,

Here's a sticky thread to put achievement-based ideas and discussion.

Our plan is to engage game developers to send us periodic information about your game play, such as how many castles you've toppled in Crush the Castle, or how many times your dinosaur jumped in Treadmillasaurus Rex, etc. and that these pieces of information would accumulate to award you 'achievements' on AG3.

We're actively designing and building the achievement system right now, so as we have information, we'll share it here, but we're welcome to listen to ideas and feedback along the way.

• 484 Replies
MikaCinc
MikaCinc
408 posts
Treasurer

Who is site admin?

MikaCinc
MikaCinc
408 posts
Treasurer

My idea is to improve as soon as possible to maximize the new site, and to turn off the old ...
I recommend it for every game and insert cups (gold, silver and bronze) ...

Good luck in ustvarivanju idea ....

MikaCinc
MikaCinc
408 posts
Treasurer

I recommend it for every game and insert cups (gold, silver and bronze) ...

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

Who is site admin?

I recommend it for every game and insert cups (gold, silver and bronze)

They'll probably name the achievements and reward specific amount of points depending on difficulty.
Blackbeltr0
Blackbeltr0
769 posts
Jester

thanks for the talk i think that these are very helpful thanks

madodo
madodo
7 posts
Nomad

Achievement get: Completed 100Games is it good??

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

Achievement get: Completed 100Games is it good??

While game completion is a good idea for an in-game acheivement, completion of multiple games would have to be a site achievement, and site achievements are uncertain. However, I do agree that an achievement for completing multiple games (100 in your case) is a good idea.
acmed
acmed
3,518 posts
Nomad

While game completion is a good idea for an in-game acheivement, completion of multiple games would have to be a site achievement, and site achievements are uncertain. However, I do agree that an achievement for completing multiple games (100 in your case) is a good idea.

Do you think that developers who do insert achievements to their game reach 100 total? Again, not EVERY game will have achievements. Some devs will take some of their games and implement it, while new devs may be unaware of the fact.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

Do you think that developers who do insert achievements to their game reach 100 total? Again, not EVERY game will have achievements. Some devs will take some of their games and implement it, while new devs may be unaware of the fact.

Again, it'll most likely work like Kongregate. Where if games have the necessary API/able to include achievements the admins will implement them. Relying on the developers to do this is silly. Haven't you noticed that nearly all of them aren't active community wise and rarely respond to comments? They probably upload their game(s) to AG then rarely check back.
PauliKa
PauliKa
1 posts
Nomad

I think some achievements for activity will be great(rewarding you with AP or special armatars).

Ricster
Ricster
7 posts
Farmer

achivments for active time spent should be awarded

sackorice
sackorice
4 posts
Nomad

Achievements are one of the first things I look for in a game/forum community. I think adding achievements is a great idea!

100 Posts - Novice
250 Posts - Apprentice
500 Posts - Adept
750 Posts - Expert
1000+ Posts - Master

Complete 1 Games - Novice
Complete 3 Games - Novice
Complete 5 Games - Apprentice
Complete 10 Games - Adapt
Complete 25 Games - Expert
Complete 50+ Games - Master

Play 10 Different Adventure Games - Novice and a title such as "Adventure Fanatic"
Play 25 Different Adventure Games - Novice and a title such as "Adventure Addict"

etc for the other game types

Publish 1 games - ?
Publish 3 games - Developer
Publish 5+ games - Developer+

Thats all I have right now ill think of more later

sackorice
sackorice
4 posts
Nomad

@Ricster

achivments for active time spent should be awarded

I disagree because someone could easily leave there computer on and have a long active time. Now being a member for X days/months/years could be a good achievement/reward.
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,349 posts
Bard

Now being a member for X days/months/years could be a good achievement/reward.

That would be a useless award. If everyone got an award, say, a year after they signed up, every day thousands of year-old ghost accounts would "earn" this award without doing anything to earn it. After 5 years, 5/6 users would have achieved this award and it would be rendered meaningless.
Mathrox_123
Mathrox_123
17 posts
Nomad

We should get armor point based on how well we did in a game or like a daily lottery for armor point would be nice

Showing 406-420 of 484