The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsThe TavernWhat community forum do you like the best?

34 3308
DaemonVeril
DaemonVeril
217 posts
Peasant

Well, I've just recently noticed I pretty much only go to the Tavern. Fun stuff I guess.

• 34 Replies
Osumnis
Osumnis
1,147 posts
Shepherd

The two i usually go on are Forum Games and The Tavern. Sometimes I might go on Video Games, and anything else I go on very little, but I still go on them.

idontsuckthatmuch
idontsuckthatmuch
2,261 posts
Nomad

I frequent the Tavern, mostly.

I just like the randomness. :P

You also may see me in the Video Games, Popular Media, or Forum Games, but this is where I'm bound. ;D

JohnGarell
JohnGarell
1,747 posts
Peasant

I like all except Video Games and Programming Help! I'm not so much on them.

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

Pretty much I live in the AMW. And the Tavern is alright, and I sometimes stray into Popular Media.

Thats about it.

pratchu
pratchu
493 posts
Nomad

well, when I started I would go to the WEPR. You can still find my famous thread there Saudi Man Kicked off Plane?!
then, after my Why? thread was removed from the Tavern, I went to the forum games section. Then I came back to the Tavern

metalwill
metalwill
147 posts
Shepherd

I really don't care for one section over the other - they're all about the same to me.

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

The recent degradation aside, the Tavern is still my home. Yes, I've made 10k posts without selling my body on the AMW, or getting chopped to bits in the WEPR.

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Yes, I've made 10k posts without selling my body on the AMW

I would feel insulted, but meh.

I do not think I am capable of answering the question. Perhaps a year or two ago, I would have had a reply (and considering the amount of these types of threads, I most likely did already), but having to take care of an entire community, or at least a good part of it, makes me feel a bit of an outsider everywhere.
If replying from a more... functional point of view, most of the sections are fairly equal. I do dislike the walkthrough and flash game sections, they are too... chaotic.
knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

I would feel insulted, but meh.

Aww, I wanted someone to feel insulted. Actually, I don't mind the place although I find myself being the exception when it comes to non-participation.
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

I spend most of my lurking time in the Tavern. Why? Well, for one, there are always about 2 pages of threads with posts from the last 24 hours. Threads don't die easily here like they do in most of the other sections. Although the threads are becoming less and less replyable, the Tavern is hitting an all-time high in terms of activity.

Paarfam
Paarfam
1,558 posts
Nomad

I do dislike the walkthrough and flash game sections, they are too... chaotic.

Cen, we share equal thoughts here. There are too many unexperienced kids saying they're always right there, and most of them aren't too bright.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

There are too many unexperienced kids saying they're always right there, and most of them aren't too bright.

Hey now, don't be insulting my flawless logic, yo. ...Meh, I don't post in those two sections a lot, I only post in the exit path threads, and my exit path guide when I have something to post in them.
knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

I spend most of my lurking time in the Tavern. Why? Well, for one, there are always about 2 pages of threads with posts from the last 24 hours. Threads don't die easily here like they do in most of the other sections. Although the threads are becoming less and less replyable, the Tavern is hitting an all-time high in terms of activity.

Sadly, that's the truth. Whilst I do appreciate the new activity high, I do miss the days when almost every thread was reply-able.
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,319 posts
Treasurer

I do dislike the walkthrough and flash game sections, they are too... chaotic.

What's so chaotic about those sections?
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

I can't remember the last time I posted in the walkthrough section. I've never made a walkthrough, and I don't really play too many games, and rarely do I find myself in a situation in which I have enough patience to sit through a walkthrough.

I also hardly ever visit the programming help section. If I knew anything at all about programming, I wouldn't be posting here right now with 8500+ posts; I'd be designing an awesome game and you'd all be posting on my profile how good my game was so you could get 2 extra AP.

The video games section is also a lost cause for me, but that's just because I don't play video games. The same goes for the flash games section. I used to frequent that section more often when I was interested in flash games, but they no longer hold my interest except in certain exceptions.

I'll sometimes visit the S&S, if there are any questions that haven't already been answered, which there rarely are. I visit the AMW for the haiku contest and maybe the poetry contest if the theme isn't too obscure. If there isn't a given theme, I'm not able to write poetry of any sort. It just comes out completely nonsensical and random and it just ends up sounding like 4 or 5 poems smashed together.

I'll sometimes find myself in a forum game, but only one of the older conventional ones. I will never join an RPG as long as I live, and some of the forum games are just too weird for me to take part in. The newcomer's guide is something I tend to ignore altogether, because I don't feel the need to say "welcome" to every new user who makes a thread there.

Popular media used to be a fun place, but then all the interesting threads kicked the bucket or were locked, and now every thread has to do with a specific obscure band that I've never heard of, and posting "I've never heard of this band" doesn't really contribute much to the thread.

There isn't much I can say in the AG3 forum. I don't know anything about AG3, so I can't answer any questions anybody has, and I don't have any suggestions for it. And if I did, I wouldn't have the patience to check first and see if my ideas have already been suggested.

Then we have the WEPR. When I was a very new user, that was my favorite section. It was fun to pretend I knew something about something that was going on in the world. Mostly I just talked about religion and how it didn't make sense, but I stopped doing that when it became mainstream. Now I only post in that section if there's something I actually know something about and/or have an opinion about. One thing I learned from the WEPR is nobody can ever admit that they're wrong. I can't handle that type of environment.

So then there's the tavern. The vague little section that everybody posts in. Unlike the other forums, there isn't a specific category for posting, and so virtually any topic within reason is possible. I usually find myself having trouble finding a reply to some of the more specific ones, but it's the only section of the forums that I find myself checking every day I come online.

There's my really long post. Hope you enjoyed reading it.

Showing 16-30 of 34