ForumsThe TavernWhat Do You Do When A Stranger Knocks On Your Door?

108 19965
AceofSky
AceofSky
767 posts
Blacksmith

So say your home alone and this random stranger knocks on your door. What do you do?

Do you answer it like a fool? Do you knock back? Or what?

(List Things You Do)

• 108 Replies
Dylanator
Dylanator
89 posts
Nomad

Hide in the dark, and wait for them to leave.

ShadowShank696
ShadowShank696
577 posts
Nomad

Id open the door and have a knife and say if your gonna try to hurt me dont think it wont come without a price and then ask with a big toothy grin "So anyways you wanted something?"

drew333
drew333
83 posts
Nomad

I dont answer the door, because id rather not scare the s*** outta them, and i dont wanna answer...

zakyman
zakyman
1,631 posts
Peasant

open the door, and slam them in the face with a frying pan...

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

What do I actually do, or what do I not do but say online that I do to try and falsely impress people?

What I actually do is ask who it is and perhaps look through the peephole. Then I'll answer it if it isn't some cheesy "charity" or bumbling salesman (or *shudders* a Christian missionary). Most of the time, it is one of those people, because I don't have any friends and I'm a hermit who doesn't like to go anywhere or do anything.

If it's the latter, however, you are asking for, right now I can't give you an example of what I don't do, because my creativity doesn't just happen on command, it has to decide for itself when it comes out of its shell.

Nurvana
Nurvana
2,524 posts
Farmer

Well, I wouldn't answer the door. Unless maybe it was broad daylight, in which case I might. Ernie those Christian missionaries are fun to play with!

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

Ernie those Christian missionaries are fun to play with!

Really? I've actually only had one come to my door, and I cursed him out because I was in a really bad mood.

But next time I see one, I'll be sure to have some fun with him/her.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

I'd ignore it. I don't normally open the door to strangers because most of them are quite annoying.

YepYepYep
YepYepYep
35 posts
Nomad

It's probably foolish, but I would open the door. I guess it would depend on where you live, if it's a bad neighborhood I wouldn't open it.

Graham
Graham
8,052 posts
Nomad

Open the door and hear them out.

Why you guise so unfriendly? My sister is terrified of even answering the door to a stranger.

KingLemon
KingLemon
600 posts
Nomad

I tend to lock all my animals up so they can't run out, then look through the little peep hole thing, if they look official I don't answer because I don't like signing things for my parents...If it's my pizza then I open it as quickly as possible...if it's a boyscout or girl scout, i ignore them...and if it's just a random ol' joe...i'll open the door slightly and listen to whatever they say...Then usually tell them my parents aren't home and make a up a bs time for when they'll be back.

Xcalibur45
Xcalibur45
1,830 posts
Farmer

Look out the window to see who it is. Then open it.

kingjac11
kingjac11
2,597 posts
Nomad

I sneak to the nearby window and look who it is through that because I don't have a peephole.

cleofer5
cleofer5
354 posts
Scribe

see who it is, and if I dont know them I dont open the door. (I'm 14 btw)

ShonaFurey
ShonaFurey
67 posts
Nomad

Usually look to see who it is and open it.

Showing 1-15 of 108