Forums

ForumsGame Walkthroughs

Squiddicus' Gemcraft Labyrinth Hints and Tips NO PREMIUM

Posted May 31, '11 at 9:08am

Squiddicus

Squiddicus

270 posts

Gemcraft Labyrinth is not difficult at the beginning, but it gets really hard, really fast. So, "how do I get further?"
I will provide a few GENERAL tips in this thread. Although I have yet to reach the fourth Epic Field, I do know what does work.

#00) Replay Early Fields
You cannot pass this game without replaying. You would only gain the difference between the old and new, but you may level up. Several times, I have skipped a couple levels entirely by replaying old fields.
#01) Kill apparitions
Apparitions will sometimes appear. Kill it. After killing it, DON'T DO ANYTHING STUPID!!! You will only get the skill points by winning the battle.

Feel free to post your own methods. (please avoid spoilers)
I will post more every so often until I run dry.

Posted May 31, '11 at 9:27am

Gremlion

Gremlion

502 posts

http://img594.imageshack.us/img594/3326/ftwct.jpg
You overestimate it.

Posted May 31, '11 at 12:21pm

Squiddicus

Squiddicus

270 posts

You overestimate it.

I did not say that I was a master of the game, and I said that this is not the premium edition. Besides, some people I know never let any monsters get through to the orb. How do you get x100 on a stage anyway. Keep in mind that I am only level 91.

Ahem... some more tips

#02) Traps are not always the best solution
Very early on, you will not have the skills necessary to build and maintain traps. Some gems work better in towers than others, such as the bloodbound gem and the multiple damage gem.

#03) Unlock your gems wisely
On the first field, you decide to unlock the shocking gem. when you do, you don't have enough mana to fend off the monsters. It is imperative to unlock gem types only when necessary. If it is key to your strategy to use mana gathering gems, you may be underleveled.

Posted May 31, '11 at 1:15pm

Gremlion

Gremlion

502 posts

Posted May 31, '11 at 1:54pm

Squiddicus

Squiddicus

270 posts

Okay. That answers my question.

I am nowhere near that level, but repeating a few times, I should get about 100k in no time. After that though, the game wouldn't be that fun anymore. Well... there are three files for a reason.

#04) Epic fields never end
What Gremlion has just posted provides a good guide to raise godly amounts of XP per run. Until you reach his level, stick with what you know works for raising levels.

#05) Choose wave types wisely
When you achieve high enough levels, all of the difficulty options will be available to you. However, swarm and armored only options are worth the same amount of XP. Your strategy will vary widely.
Swarms:
Don't use red or purple gems on swarms. They are a waste. Use lime or green, or both.
Armored:
Use red, purple, and cyan on armored monsters. Traps are useless against these monsters.

Posted May 31, '11 at 4:04pm

UgAhgItHurts

UgAhgItHurts

248 posts

Remember: it's a game, you do whatever you find fun.

Before say the 3rd epic field, red will do any map armored only with indifferent attention. The faster firing gems that do a little more damage are fine for most maps though, mana or multiple damage is tougher to use before you can toss out high level gems where they make everything else look pointless

You can do the first pylon armored only with poison traps (wall off the longest path you can and put a trap every 5 or 6 tiles). I think I did a few more maps, then cheesed the first pylon for like 100x experience which gets you to level 90ish which means you can max wild gem skill.

Below is my main game, ~450 battles, but a lot of those were try things out as well.
http://img851.imageshack.us/img851/4056/ugh2.jpg

Level 700, which premium can get to in 6 battles lol. I did the pylons before the 50 cap was put in, you can get 1140x experience max now non-premium.

On the whole, I find purple gems the most useless. Blue or cyan fire as fast and do something useful, armor doesn't really come into it, and when it does, you can bypass it with poison.

Posted May 31, '11 at 5:44pm

Squiddicus

Squiddicus

270 posts

Oh my...
I'm starting to think I know less than I thought...
Still, since my last post, I beat two fields. Your strategy for easy leveling using the pylon stage on J10 is not for the low leveled, as I have learned. Working on D10

#06) Summoning, the fool's demise and the wiseman's salvation
Summoning is not to be used carelessly. It can mean the difference between a level up and a miserable defeat. I do not know the formula for the summon multiplier, but in the later fields, it adds alot of XP. My highest summon multiplier is 1.06 (1.21 with tombs)

#07) Tombs are sealed for a reason
The tombs that appear hold terrible monsters within them. Every time a tomb is opened, you will be faced with every type of monster execpt for normals (unsure), and swarms (again, I have not opened every tomb). If you succeed in fending off a tomb, your summon multiplier will be increased by .10. Please be warned that the tombs are unaffected by the wave composition. If you can't pierce a tomb's armor, you may not be powerful enough to destroy what is inside.

Posted Jun 1, '11 at 9:18am

Squiddicus

Squiddicus

270 posts

#08) Take out monster nests
Monster nests spawn monsters. They are usually closer to your orb than the edges of the map. Be warned though, for every monster nest destroyed, there are that many more monsters spawning at the edges.

#09) The art of banishment
The monsters that reach your orb can be banished back to where they spawned from, if you have the mana to do so. Monsters need more mana to banish every time they make it to your orb.

Posted Jun 1, '11 at 9:22am

Gremlion

Gremlion

502 posts

Man, nobody need tips from 90-level wizard.
Also, videos a lot better.

Posted Jun 1, '11 at 12:19pm

Squiddicus

Squiddicus

270 posts

Man, nobody need tips from 90-level wizard.
Also, videos a lot better.

I'm trying to help players at a lower or close level to mine. I also do not have the capabilities to use videos. Also, the strategies to gain high levels on the epic fields are much harder than they look. I tried three times, and I lost miserably.

#0A) Amplify your gems
Amplifying your gems will help. I have won well over 50 battles using amplifiers. They work in traps and towers. One tower with eight amplifiers work better than nine towers, in most situations (I'm looking at you, swarms).

Reply to Squiddicus' Gemcraft Labyrinth Hints and Tips NO PREMIUM

You must be logged in to post a reply!