The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsThe TavernSituation #3 ( Deep Blue)

26 2839
cmb2kool
cmb2kool
378 posts
Nomad

You are on this luxery cruise ship. The captain just informs you of the boat sinking. You jump onto a lifeboat, others join. Then you notice there is no more life boats and small young child crying because they can't get on one. What do you do?

• 26 Replies
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

Sucks to be them. I blame the captain and ship designer for not having adequeate amounts of life boats.

On a side note, I take none of these situations seriously. They do not reflect my actual reactions, thoughts, or beliefs. kthxbai

iheart801
iheart801
71 posts
Nomad

I don't think a boat would pass inspection without enough life boats on board.

cmb2kool
cmb2kool
378 posts
Nomad

This is not the point, there was more than expected people!

iheart801
iheart801
71 posts
Nomad

Most boats have a capacity limit. If the owner and Captain are over that they clearly have broken the law and should be investigated.

Avorne
Avorne
3,085 posts
Nomad

Toss an old person out and take the kid - my solution to everything.

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

This is more for fun than real life scenario.

I'd rather have a disclaimer of sorts than have someone go 'Mav! You're a heartless (fill in the blank)'.
Legion1350
Legion1350
5,365 posts
Nomad

Simple. Grab the child and hold it in your lap. You save a life and lose nothing, although you might get a leg cramp after a while. And Avorne, that is the funniest post I have ever seen from you. :]

zakyman
zakyman
1,627 posts
Peasant

I think that to save the child, you should jump overboard yourself, and then turn into a Leonardcicle in the freezing waters on a chair...

I just had to bring Titanic into this. Sorry.

chitown
chitown
1,614 posts
Farmer

Don't children get on life boats first? And I would just get on the boat even if it is over capacity since nobody will care.

Sheppard007
Sheppard007
237 posts
Nomad

Save the child.
Duh.
Unless your some heartless monster.

Chryosten
Chryosten
17,384 posts
Herald

Grab the kid and let him sit on the lifeboat. Who cares about capacity when you're saving someone from death.

TerryLasVegas
TerryLasVegas
773 posts
Nomad

Yell at everyone on the boat about how one of them abandoned their child

Legion1350
Legion1350
5,365 posts
Nomad

Toss an old person out and take the kid - my solution to everything.

I think that to save the child, you should jump overboard yourself, and then turn into a Leonardcicle in the freezing waters on a chair...

Yell at everyone on the boat about how one of them abandoned their child

Well, look at this. Hardly into the second page and we've already covered violence, morbidity and aggression. :P

Seriously though, this is somewhat sad.
Koru7
Koru7
1,405 posts
Nomad

i would save the kid in a safe way, put the kid on board, and then swim next to the lifeboat assuming that the water isn't cold.

vinster132
vinster132
5,875 posts
Jester

A people have said save the child.

It's obvious, if you don't choose to save him you probably just don't care about life and don't care about others.

Showing 1-15 of 26