The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsThe Taverni cant sleep

38 5273
killerlipper
killerlipper
9 posts
Peasant

hey all gamers i wondered if anyone of you knew some tricks to sleep because i cant sleep at night

• 38 Replies
Ghgt99
Ghgt99
1,890 posts
Nomad

If you want to take a sleeping drug, take Melatonin

Or you can drink warm milk. Or, pull an all-nighter. You will sleep for like 5 hours straight.

That is what I do.

chitown
chitown
1,614 posts
Farmer

Some foods are known to aid sleep â" carbohydrates, bananas, peanuts, and figs, at least thats what they told me in health.
Don't exercise before you fall asleep
Avoid naps
wear comfortable clothing.

bunniecorps
bunniecorps
467 posts
Nomad

Play an incredibly boring game until you feel sleepy. All the other awnsers above will help as well.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

I know that feel.

Don't exercise before you fall asleep

The person that told you this is a bit wrong. If you exercise an hour before you sleep then it's good because you wasted a lot of energy and you'll get to sleep quicker.

I have troubles sleeping at night, what I usually do is do some exercise or take a sleeping pill an hour before I do decide to go to bed. I'd recommend the former because doing the latter isn't that good. You don't want to rely on pills all the time to get you to sleep. Having busy days could get you to bed at night as well.
Sonatavarius
Sonatavarius
1,322 posts
Farmer

what you can do is study for classes you have or classes you already had... which will make you bored really quick and you might just fall asleep with the book on your chest. and if you don't then you've refreshed your memory on subjects you'll need to know about anyway.

ferfer313
ferfer313
260 posts
Nomad

Don't take ambion. It killed my dad

pratchu
pratchu
493 posts
Nomad

listen to music. sometimes, i listen to my chemical romance and get pretty tired if im listening to three cheers for sweet revenge

Sheppard007
Sheppard007
237 posts
Nomad

Read a really boring book, like a school textbook.
Or just start thinking about other stuff, and the next thing you know, you'll be asleep.

acmed
acmed
3,517 posts
Nomad

What to do is take a shower, and try your best to sleep

Peggster
Peggster
483 posts
Nomad

Exercise about half hour before going to bed, get into bed and read a good book. I like stimulating my mind a bit before sleep, if you enjoy the book then time will fly by and you will gradually drift further and further into a nice and peaceful slumber. (Works for me at least.)

farrowking37
farrowking37
610 posts
Nomad

this trick works for me.

if you lie in bed, and stretch each of your ussles one by one, starting with your toes working up to your head, you will start to fell sleepy. you may have to repeat a couple times but you will fall asleep guaranteed.

Bladerunner679
Bladerunner679
2,487 posts
Blacksmith

this one works well for me:

watch TV for a while, then read a book until your eyes start closing on their own, and (if you have the option) let your pet curl up right next to you when you lay in the bed. bear in mind, I have done the first two on school nights, and the dog is with me every other night. on nights without her, I go bed around 12:30, but when the dog is with me, I'm out about a good hour before then.

thecattygrl
thecattygrl
230 posts
Nomad

Clear your mind before you go to bed. If you have to much stress to close your eyes then you might as well stay up and get rid of it 'cuz you're not gonna get anywhere until then. Also, be careful what you read, listen to or do up to 1 hour before bed. If it's a well known story, a song that you know every word to or a movie that you practically fall asleep to anyway, then that's ok but don't do anything new or crazy before bed. It'll wake your mind up to much and it'll be probably another hour before you get back to where you were before hand... hope this'll help.

-thecattygrl

DarkGamer99
DarkGamer99
606 posts
Nomad

Count Sheep or take some sleeping pills. Like Advil PM.

Bladerunner679
Bladerunner679
2,487 posts
Blacksmith

OD on excedrin PM. it will remove that pesky urge to wake up.

Showing 1-15 of 38