The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsThe TavernSchool Disciplinary System

19 2489
zakyman
zakyman
1,627 posts
Peasant

I was bullied this entire 8th grade with anti-Semetic and sexually degrading comments. I was also slammed around during gym class, although they were able to make it look like it was unintentional because we were doing soccer and floor hockey. They also were making sexually suggestive gestures toward me (i.e. shaking sand at their midsection towards me). I went to the administration office FOUR TIMES over the course of the year, and the only thing that happened was the boys got a stern talking to, and a time-out on the last day of school. I feel as if the disciplinary system at schools are too lax, because they are afraid of getting sued for improper punishments. Any thoughts?

• 19 Replies
deathopper
deathopper
1,564 posts
Nomad

At my school, there was a fight over football (soccer). We were playing a game and a guy on the other team started looking at a guy in my team. The guy was offended thinking the stare (the 2 second stare) was a form of mockery. There was some pushing and shoving the guy, but luckily the teacher stoped them before **** got real.
At the end of the day, 2 of the friends of the guy who was in my team and the guy in my team started hitting the guy on the other team. They pushed him down stairs and broke his glasses (no he isn't the stereotypical nerd). There was blood dripping down his forehead and he could have died if his back hit the staircase and he fell over (which was going to happen).

The 3 kids got suspended on a Friday. One day suspension only. And it's not even a suspension, it's a freacking longer weekend.
I would have kicked them out the ****ing school. I mean WHAT THE ****!!
The guy could have died and the aggressors only got a one day suspension! A one day suspension!

So I agree with you. There's a problem in the disciplinary system. A BIG problem.

iheart801
iheart801
71 posts
Nomad

If it is serious enough I think that you can go to your local police to press charges. Not positive though. You might have to looking into the laws where you live.

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,139 posts
Farmer

I think it depends on the individual school when it comes to discipline. The school i went to was the same, very lax, when i started. However throughout the seven years i was there i saw it tighten up and suspension was no longer a holiday but they were given work with required completed to come back.

deathopper
deathopper
1,564 posts
Nomad

If it is serious enough I think that you can go to your local police to press charges. Not positive though. You might have to looking into the laws where you live.

Nah, things got sorted out. You know, the 3 kids eventually went to the guys house to apologies for nearly killing him.
iheart801
iheart801
71 posts
Nomad

That's good to hear, but not all situations work out that well in the end.

Microe
Microe
842 posts
Nomad

I was bullied this entire 8th grade with anti-Semetic and sexually degrading comments. I was also slammed around during gym class, although they were able to make it look like it was unintentional because we were doing soccer and floor hockey. They also were making sexually suggestive gestures toward me (i.e. shaking sand at their midsection towards me). I went to the administration office FOUR TIMES over the course of the year, and the only thing that happened was the boys got a stern talking to, and a time-out on the last day of school. I feel as if the disciplinary system at schools are too lax, because they are afraid of getting sued for improper punishments. Any thoughts?

Hey dude im sorry this happened to you, or any of yall. But it is happenin all over america, plus kids aren't sticking up/together, they let their friends get bullied. Stick up for your peers kids..trust me I do it.
Kalb789
Kalb789
639 posts
Baron

they really can't just take your word for it. that's probably why they didn't do much, but if you had proof I'm sure they'd get punished more severely.

zakyman
zakyman
1,627 posts
Peasant

they really can't just take your word for it. that's probably why they didn't do much, but if you had proof I'm sure they'd get punished more severely.

I DID have proof. I had a witness who voluntarily came forward, and they still only talked to them.
Kalb789
Kalb789
639 posts
Baron

I DID have proof. I had a witness who voluntarily came forward, and they still only talked to them.

Idk then man it's not like that at my school. I've never been one to be picked on and I guess i'm a &quotopular" kid if that's what you want to call it, but I don't like it when people get picked on and I discourage my friends to do it.
Dragonblaze052
Dragonblaze052
26,677 posts
Peasant

I got kicked out....... for half a semester....... FOR TELLING A JOKE!!!!!!!

I am being completely serious. Towards the beginning of the year, some friends and I were telling some jokes, one made a joke about me, I laughed and said that he was at the top of my hitlist.They all laughed and we kept making the joke for the rest of the year. At the last week of that year, a parent found out and reported it. She was a teacher at another school in town, so they acted immediately. They brought every boy from the class that it started in into the vice principal's office. She said we shouldn't have done that and she asked if they took me seriously. One boy thought he was going to get in trouble, so he pussied out and everybody else followed his lead. The vice principal dismissed everybody else then told me that she new I was a good kid and that it was a joke (I had no disciplinary actions until then except one Saturday detention because my dad kept getting me to school late, and those that know me here know that I am a nice guy). She said that she would make point of that when the school board tried me. I was kicked out until the trial came up, which was a mandatory regulation. When it did come up, she said that they were going to take it every bit as serious as if they had found an actual hitlist, they allowed me little if any time to answer their questions and they found me to be completely guilty. I was kicked out and had to go to alternative school for the next half year. I'm glad to be graduated and done with that entire school system. I still hung out with most of those boys for some reason, I guess I'm just too **** forgiving.

iheart801
iheart801
71 posts
Nomad

Weird. I think a kid got kick out of HS for having a hit list in his locker, it was a joke with him too. He was kick out for good. Though I don't think he minded too much seeing as he really didn't like our school.

Koru7
Koru7
1,405 posts
Nomad

yes. my school has a very bad disciplinary school system. This one kid got in trouble for trying to break up a fight that was happening and he is the one that got in trouble. And this one girl was sticking up for her friend when someone was bullying her and she's the one who got talked to after it ended. and the funny thing is, that the school has been trying us to stick up for our friends and try to stop bullying. completely idiotic in my opinion.

WolfWolf
WolfWolf
800 posts
Nomad

I hate my schools disciplinary system. I was at the lunchroom reading and all of a sudden this girl starts choking a guy, hard. The teacher broke it up and she went to the office. I thought she was going to get a suspension but the next day she came into school and the teachers acted as if nothing happened. Then a couple weeks later a kid pushed a guy into the water fountain because the kid was trying to take money from him. Then he get's suspended for a week. Now unless you're pushing a guy off a cliff into a pit of man-eating crocodiles pushing isn't as lethal as choking a guy. I got detention because this kid who purposely spilled milk on the back of a guy's shirt and then he blamed me while I kept saying to review the tapes. Then when my detention was over they said they were "sorry" for blaming me and said the kid would get kicked out of the rugby team. Next thing I know he was still on the rugby team.

Sarquann
Sarquann
98 posts
Peasant

A school in my school district literally had a riot/mosh pit type thing near in the last week of school where a school cop and three teachers got hospitalized, and since there was so many people involved they couldn't really punish everyone. Major problem.

cleofer5
cleofer5
354 posts
Scribe

I think it depends on the individual school when it comes to discipline. The school i went to was the same, very lax, when i started. However throughout the seven years i was there i saw it tighten up and suspension was no longer a holiday but they were given work with required completed to come back.

Yea, i went to a catholic school and they were seriously strict! I mean if you were a class clown they let you slide a fraction because it entertained from boring classes. (sometimes it entertained them) But if you did something bad they would be all over you and they would hardly forget it.
Showing 1-15 of 19