ForumsThe TavernArmor Games' number of users

33 5837
0ShimZ0
0ShimZ0
116 posts
Nomad

lately the number of user of AG is around 1,150,000 and some....
it's like a population of big town.
So the thing that got me hoping is that this number increases sundenly to 10 million or even more... thus making this community greater, and heavier. (a power to be reconed with lol)
Do tell how you feel about this fact.

• 33 Replies
latpasko
latpasko
295 posts
Nomad

it will mean the ranking will be high. way to high.
at least 50% of 10 million will just play games and (maybe) rate them. any one else who spends even a minute a day in the forum, will be ranked very high. look at me:
write now i have 1025 AG points and i am ranked #3,020 out of 1,158,323 users. that means that every one of the 3,019 other users have less than me and they probebly started at AG just today.

plus, there will be much more posts in here:

zakyman
zakyman
1,627 posts
Peasant

That just means that you will have a better ranking overall than anyone who is "inactive." By that I mean just playing games, and not rating or commenting or posting in the forums. I have 1403 points with a ranking of 2043, but the ranking still needs to be updated.

Xcalibur45
Xcalibur45
1,830 posts
Farmer

Most of those people are inactive, only a good deal of members actually do anything on this site. I was here 3 months before I actually ever did anything.

Koru7
Koru7
1,405 posts
Nomad

same here. I usually just played the games and rated them before I found out about the forums and how you can add friends.

latpasko
latpasko
295 posts
Nomad

#3,020 out of 1,158,323 users. that means that every one of the 3,019 other users...

oops, i meant the otherway
chitown
chitown
1,614 posts
Farmer

There has been a huge spike in the numbers since games like exit path allowed users to save their game. When I quit a couple months ago there was under 500,000 users and now there is lots more.

eaglepaw
eaglepaw
322 posts
Nomad

how many active members there?

PinkieCake
PinkieCake
163 posts
Nomad

Not very many at all. Some play games and spam comments it seems, but only a small percentage seem to come on often enough to be considered 'active'.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

I think it's impossible for normal users to answer this. I think an administrator could answer that, but the site gets several thousand people everyday. If you go around people's profiles and see their comments closed then they're probably inactive. I think cormyn did something to AG that closes the comments of inactive users.
Note: AP =/= Activity.
People could just be playing the flash games with their account. I've seen many people on Exit Path and Colony that have zero AP. Just because they have zero AP doesn't mean that they are inactive. This is a flash games site, after all.
PinkieCake
PinkieCake
163 posts
Nomad

People could just be playing the flash games with their account. I've seen many people on Exit Path and Colony that have zero AP. Just because they have zero AP doesn't mean that they are inactive. This is a flash games site, after all.

If you're including flash games, I don't think quite anyone can answer...
ArmorL3gend
ArmorL3gend
239 posts
Peasant

To be more accurate Armor Games actually has 1,769,978 users (active and inactive):

http://armorgames.com/comments/show/1769978/user

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,319 posts
Treasurer

What matters is the profile number, not the full number. Therefore, there are 1.17 million users, not 1.77 million.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

What matters is the profile number, not the full number.

It depends on what you're looking for. If you want to count every user that AG has ever had - which means banned users, unregistered users, and registered users, you look at what ArmorL3gend gave us. If just want to count registered users, then you look at the profile number.
eaglepaw
eaglepaw
322 posts
Nomad

where is cormny?
i will ask him.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Ask him on his AG profile. However, I don't think that he could give you an exact number.

Showing 1-15 of 33