ForumsThe TavernArmor Games' number of users

33 5836
0ShimZ0
0ShimZ0
116 posts
Nomad

lately the number of user of AG is around 1,150,000 and some....
it's like a population of big town.
So the thing that got me hoping is that this number increases sundenly to 10 million or even more... thus making this community greater, and heavier. (a power to be reconed with lol)
Do tell how you feel about this fact.

• 33 Replies
eaglepaw
eaglepaw
322 posts
Nomad

i want to see a line which i learn online members.

Blkasp
Blkasp
1,304 posts
Nomad

I think AG should start deleting accounts that are sitting at 0AP and have not been logged onto in 3 months as it is a waste of space (and numbers).

Anyway, I have around 3.4k AP and I am ranked #498 - Show's how inactive people are around here!

DarkGamer99
DarkGamer99
606 posts
Nomad

I think they shouldn't delete those accounts at all. What if one day they do come back and they found there name delete than then the staff would get an ear full witch they probably don't want. So leave them alone. They're not bothering anyone.

eaglepaw
eaglepaw
322 posts
Nomad

I think AG should start deleting accounts that are sitting at 0AP and have not been logged onto in 3 months as it is a waste of space (and numbers).

there will be only 2000 user.
PlasmaMan
PlasmaMan
464 posts
Nomad

I think they shouldn't delete those accounts at all. What if one day they do come back and they found there name delete than then the staff would get an ear full witch they probably don't want. So leave them alone. They're not bothering anyone.
At times there isn't enough money to use the internet so I'm away for 3-4 months and I wouldn't appreciate it if my account is closed.
JohnGarell
JohnGarell
1,747 posts
Peasant

Now it are 1,186,592 users. It grows really fast.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Now it are 1,186,592 users. It grows really fast.

Several thousand a day, I think. I wonder how many of those accounts are alternate accounts, though.
cormyn
cormyn
2,891 posts
Nomad

Accounts with 0 points will not be deleted. It just means they haven't participating in the "community" of AG by writing comments or forum posts, etc.. But many of them still log in to play games, as some games require you to be logged in to save your progress, etc.

The profile number someone pointed out of 1.77 million ... that's how many people have registered for an account. We send everyone a registration Email with a link to verify their Email account. The 1.18M user number is the number of people who clicked that link, verified their account, and have logged in at least once.

As far as giving an accurate number of "active" users, which I've said elsewhere would determine a quantity of time ("active today", "active this month", "active ever" is a number we can't really publish. Keep in mind that we have registered users who choose not to log in if they're just playing a quick game, so we can't exclude them, but it also makes it difficult to differentiate them from an anonymous user who's visiting the site who has never registered an account with us.

MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,386 posts
Shepherd

As long as I dont see 1 million people flooding into the forums, i dont really care. I don't see the purpose of alt accounts, though.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

As long as I dont see 1 million people flooding into the forums, i dont really care.

That'd be... too much.
I don't see the purpose of alt accounts, though.

There are several purposes for alternate accounts. A few from the top of my head:
- To circumvent a ban.
- For multiplayer flash games.
- For the username.
- In-case you want to take a break from your original account.
- Testing purposes.
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,319 posts
Treasurer

There are several purposes for alternate accounts. A few from the top of my head:
- To circumvent a ban.
- For the username.
- Testing purposes.

Only one of those reasons is really allowed, and that is the second one.
JohnGarell
JohnGarell
1,747 posts
Peasant

- To circumvent a ban.

I hate users who do that.

I've never understand the point for that.

- For the username.

If I should make an alt, that would be the only reason.

That's an idea.

- Testing purposes.

I guess that's allowed. Graham made How Many Ghosts and he's not banned.
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,319 posts
Treasurer

[quote]- To circumvent a ban.

I hate users who do that.[/quote]

Besides, that's not allowed. If it happens too much, then an IP ban can occur.

[quote]- For multiplayer flash games.

I've never understand the point for that.[/quote]

There are clans out there for users to create alts.

[quote]- For the username.

If I should make an alt, that would be the only reason.[/quote]

I think it's wrong to make an alt just to steal a username.

[quote]- In-case you want to take a break from your original account.

That's an idea.[/quote]

No. However, some people make alts if they forget the password of their main account.

[quote]- Testing purposes.

I guess that's allowed. Graham made How Many Ghosts and he's not banned.[/quote]

OK, but there isn't really anything else to test besides what's already been tested.
Joe96
Joe96
2,226 posts
Peasant

It's going to be a while until we get 10 million users. And most would probably be ghost accounts, so...

Graham
Graham
8,051 posts
Nomad

To have an alternate account, you must

1. Link to it on your profile
2. Never post in forums on your alternate account
3. Never comment with your alternate account

Showing 16-30 of 33