ForumsWEPRHomosexuality

3228 467984
XeroGeez
XeroGeez
90 posts
Nomad

Apperently it's a big hot topic right now, so I want to know how gamers feel about it?

• 3,228 Replies
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

It is basically just high school psycology popping up. A random theory of mine since I finished class, so just teenage babble.

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Ah, Freud would be so disappointed to learn that the things he thought about when he was high (probably) are now being taught as fictions in high school :P

The major part of the Oedipus complex is that males have to transfer their "gender identity attachment" from their mother to their father, whereas girls do not, therefore males tend to have more &quotroblems" with their sexual alignment.

Not surprisingly I don't really buy this, haha 8D

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Okay that is why I should keep my mouth shut, and keep out of the forums, really...

millahnna
millahnna
111 posts
Nomad

One thing about that theory is how to apply it to children of single parents. THere's also the problem of Freud being regarded as one of many founding fathers of modern psych but also completely off the rails in accuracy these days.

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Not surprisingly I don't really buy this, haha 8D
Strop, I don't think you meant to, but that post of yours did turn out a bit mocking... I presume you were laughing at the Freudian aspects, but sounded like you where making fun of Cenere (who I know is a bit depressed and thus unstable at the moment, which is why I'm worried)...
Also, taught as fictions? As far as I understood, it was part of their psychology course... What's fictitious?
One thing about that theory is how to apply it to children of single parents. THere's also the problem of Freud being regarded as one of many founding fathers of modern psych but also completely off the rails in accuracy these days.
Very true... Hmm, I was raised by a single mother, how does that compare with my screwed up mind? ... Don't answer that...
thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

ya know, I really did NOT think that this thread would possibly be put all the way in the 5th page!
*ressurects like a necromancer*
*takes a bite of turkey*

who I know is a bit depressed and thus unstable at the moment, which is why I'm worried

good mislead Cenere (wink wink nudge nudge) JK~! Anyways, what was the topic again?
*starts rummaging through past posts like a racoon*
thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

My point was, before the sexuality forms, everyone has the potential to become bisexual? Or homosexual for that matter.

Ya know, when I read this, I immiedietly found out something to back up my theory of *smoke rises*. . ..

Every baby is Bi!
Kid_Saiyain
Kid_Saiyain
509 posts
Nomad

this hasnt gotten locked?!!?!?!?!

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

no not at all. . .why would it?

Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

Every baby is Bi!

I don't think babies recognize anything sexual..
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Strop, I don't think you meant to, but that post of yours did turn out a bit mocking... I presume you were laughing at the Freudian aspects, but sounded like you where making fun of Cenere (who I know is a bit depressed and thus unstable at the moment, which is why I'm worried)...

It'd be petty of me to quibble over chronologies so I'll simply clarify- any perceived mockery was in no way directed at Cenere. I stated earlier that Cenere had in fact provided a very succinct explanation of a significant portion of Freudian theory which is remarkably astute. But specifically that it was the Freudian theory that I don't buy. Mocking? No...but dismissive, yes: I dismiss certain applications of Freudian theory because of poor analytical power, but even so I also stated that it has a certain descriptive capacity in parts.

I don't think babies recognize anything sexual..

...one of the things which I think Freud might have stumbled upon was in his description of early childhood 'sexuality'. This 'sexuality' however is talked of in terms far different to the compartmentalised orientations we talk about of in presumed sexual maturity (and of course we have to watch out what we say because like when Freud revealed his theories to the chagrin of everybody who believed in childhood innocence, using the words "child" and "sexuality" in the same sentence would probably cause me to be listed as a person-of-interest by the authorities 8D)

Anyway, what I intended to say is that while we can debate the semantics of that until we turn blue, I'm not sure that there's any use in suggesting that "every baby is bi". Besides, given the current theories of the aetiology of certain aspects of sexual orientation, I'm not sure this is really the case on a more concrete level.
mentorso123
mentorso123
368 posts
Jester

Interesting that this thread has so many posts.
Altogether I understand what the creator of this thread meant about "hot topic". My view is that I can't jump in on the conversation until I see an opening.
I have no issue with people who are gay, but I don't understand how they came to be that way. It may have been influence.

Communist
Communist
522 posts
Nomad

WOW 279 POSTS!
this is by far the most successful debate in armorgames history Bravo i say!

I think a man should be able to do what ever he wants with his penis, any thing else would be the comparible only to nazism.

Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

one of the things which I think Freud might have stumbled upon was in his description of early childhood 'sexuality'.

Oh God I have heard of these, and other crazy theories of Freud. I believe he said a baby sucking his thumb is sexual?

Mmm, we can surely say we don't feel anything sexual at a young age...
Eshploded
Eshploded
469 posts
Nomad

Geez. I wonder how much of Freud's work is credible...

Showing 2746-2760 of 3228