ForumsWEPRHomosexuality

3228 439530
XeroGeez
XeroGeez
90 posts
Nomad

Apperently it's a big hot topic right now, so I want to know how gamers feel about it?

• 3,228 Replies
qweasdqazwsx
qweasdqazwsx
16 posts
Nomad

umm, im fine with people being gay as long as they aren't hitting on me. other than that i don't really care if they are gay. it is thier choice.

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

I think the issue goes back to, Marriage shouldn't be a Government thing. It's religious in nature and should stay in the church. The state shouldn't have anything to do with Marriage.
Agree. And marriage shouldn't influence things in law... But it does.

I hate this discussion. x_x *shoots prejudice*
pyro2190
pyro2190
24 posts
Nomad

if they want to be gay they can.

Not really a choice who they like now is it? Lol.

I also agree that marriage should not have anything to do with the law since marriage is something done in the church. Civil unions are regulated by state, and it should stay that way.

I don't see anything wrong with those who are gay, love is love, and I believe that they should get married if they want to. It should not matter in my opinion as long as they stay within the same species.
Deth666
Deth666
653 posts
Nomad

technically its unconstitutional for the government to deny people the right to marry "Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness" is right in the declaration of independence the supreme court even said "The freedom to marry has long been recognized as one of the vital personal rights essential to the orderly pursuit of happiness by free men." so therefore every human being has the right to marry who they want

Zorae42
Zorae42
36 posts
Nomad

technically its unconstitutional for the government to deny people the right to marry "Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness" is right in the declaration of independence the supreme court even said "The freedom to marry has long been recognized as one of the vital personal rights essential to the orderly pursuit of happiness by free men." so therefore every human being has the right to marry who they want

*rolls eyes* You know, originally that was pursuit of property? And, while the declaration was a big important document thing, our government is not bound by it... Hence slavery. It was just a b.s. justification for why they fought the war (rather than the real reason: rich people making money). And, when anarchists and communists started showing up, the government threw them all in jail. So much for "the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government".

*cough* anyways, meh. I don't understand why the whole gay marriage thing matters so much. Just make civil unions (or some other random term) equivalent to marriage. Then the gays get their rights, and the christians get to keep the "sanctity" of the word marriage :P (Personally I think christians should get over it, but if a solution that pleases everyone exists....)
FireflyIV
FireflyIV
3,224 posts
Nomad

our government is not bound by it

Yes they are. It is a codified constitution and its content is legally entrecnhed.

So much for "the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government".

There are plenty of instances in which the US government has behaved in a constitutionally unnaceptable way, but that is not to say, that these laws should apply.
Mirage1
Mirage1
202 posts
Nomad

People are so racist against homosexuals. I find it kind of sad. Its just the way they are.

Lynoth
Lynoth
509 posts
Nomad

People are so racist against homosexuals.

Racist? Homosexuals aren't really a "race".

Although I'm pretty sure everyone gets what you mean.
minno
minno
93 posts
Peasant

All I have to say is that if it isn't hurting anybody, who cares what they do?

Xavier1
Xavier1
671 posts
Nomad

Because insanly religious soccor moms and red necks figure that if they don't have anything better to do it's an awesome idea to force their beliefs on everybody else, no matter how little (if at all) what other people are doing affects them. I call it the asshole factor.

SupaKoopa
SupaKoopa
13 posts
Nomad

I'm born-and-raised Christian from deep in the homosexual-hating backwoods of Georgia and I personally have absolutely nothing against it. I feel so strongly that I personally believe there's nothing wrong with homosexuality, even in the eyes of God. I know 99% of people, whether religious or not, would call that nonsense, but that's how I truly feel.

afroninja1723
afroninja1723
575 posts
Nomad

a Rainbow is god's way of frowning at gay people

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

I think that there is no problem with homosexuality. My perspective forces me to think of it as odd, but at the same time, there is nothing wrong with it. As long as two people love each other, then you shouldn't be prejudiced about it. Saying that homosexuality is bad is like calling an African American the n word or forcing a Jew to wear a shirt with a swastika on it. It's prejudiced and wrong. Call me biased because I don't take religion seriously, but it's genetic. I have asthma, and saying that homosexuality should be "illegal" is like making it a criminal offense to have an asthma attack. Or making it illegal to wheeze. There is absolutely nothing wrong with homosexuality, and people who say there is need to read something besides the Bible.

BASHA
BASHA
660 posts
Nomad

as long as you don't keep hitting on me after I tell you im straight, i don't care

napolian654321
napolian654321
922 posts
Nomad

The bible clearly states that a marriage is between a man and a women. I follow the bible. I'm straight. I don't even see how you could be attracted to a man but whatever.

Showing 3091-3105 of 3228