ForumsWEPRHomosexuality

3228 430480
XeroGeez
XeroGeez
90 posts
Nomad

Apperently it's a big hot topic right now, so I want to know how gamers feel about it?

• 3,228 Replies
warmech711
warmech711
89 posts
Nomad

and dont mind these people who are putting it as "i hate fags they should rot in hell" i dont approve of it but i also dont go around spewing crap like that outta my mouth.

razaki
razaki
263 posts
Nomad

Yeah, and I can respect that.

People are entitled to their opinions so long as they do not use it to abuse another person's rights as well.

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

I fully agree with you razaki. I can't say who is right or who is wrong in this argument, or tell someone what to believe. But when people start to get disrespectful or force their opinions on others, that I cannot agree with.

warmech711
warmech711
89 posts
Nomad

yeah but gay bashing and name calling and such are way outta control, i think its just petter to not let them have marrige rights so we dont have a huge political dispute over it

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

people thes days talk about weird subjects, but I guess everyone can make decisions and hope they make the right choices, but I still think it is personal

razaki
razaki
263 posts
Nomad

Well, warmech, that kind of thinking is backward.

What if we had allowed slavery to continue just to avoid the political dispute over it?

Or the inability for blacks or women to vote?

In cases like this, activism is the only way to get anything done.

warmech711
warmech711
89 posts
Nomad

yeah, no kind of protest was with out a bloody fight,

razaki
razaki
263 posts
Nomad

Unfortunately, that seems to be the way our world operates, yes.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

I believe that a lot of sheltered young folks are the ones that seem to be "against" homosexuality.

I will say this from an objective point of view. We are all individuals and we all make our own choices. There is no reason for anyone to tell a consenting adult what they can or cannot do. I have a problem with a lot of people, but what they do is there business. I just choose to not be around them.

Another thing to investigate is homosexuality in animals. We claim it to be unnatural, but I wouldn't call it artificial that I am gay. It is more natural to me being gay than when I was pretending to be straight.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

And I am extremely disappointed that the word g.a.y. is starred out. THAT is offensive.

Keeway
Keeway
22 posts
Nomad

I have no idea what homosexuality is. Ive never heard it in my life. Its probably up to the people who do it

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

How old are you Keeway?

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

Homosexuality is just a part of life

razaki
razaki
263 posts
Nomad

Yeah, it is a bit strange that g-a-y is starred out, but I can see the reasoning behind it. It unfortunately has a very negative connotation behind it and seems to be used as an insult more often than a simple classification.

I live in a smallish town that, for being in Michigan, is a very redneck-y town. NRA, homophobia, racism, etc. Sometime around 2 weeks ago, a person that I know but am not too close with - an acquaintance, if you will - said in a myspace blog that he has come to the realization that he is at least bisexual if not gay.

You'd have thought he'd have threatened to blow up the school.

It was the talk of every class, I swear. Even the people that aren't overtly homophobic were saying that he shouldn't have come out. It's like the "don't ask, don't tell" crap, only school and not the military.

Homosexuality in the animal kingdom is something that is staggering in the fact that people simply don't know about it. I've had arguments with my family before - all Southern Baptists - about homosexual rights and brought up the fact that it is present among animals only to be looked at with blank stares and doubting faces.

*shrug*

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

That is true...and it's funny how many people use the word 'g.a.y' now.

Showing 61-75 of 3228