ForumsGamesRenting vs Buying

136 23381
ide4749
ide4749
310 posts
Nomad

Do you rent or buy your games or in other words if would you rather rent or buy games?

• 136 Replies
ide4749
ide4749
310 posts
Nomad

Games are expensive I would rent them if the service was cheap.

Ya i know their expensive and all but its better to share the game and be able to have it forever and sell it when the game is rare. renting that doesn't happen
ide4749
ide4749
310 posts
Nomad

their is no where do rent from that has good games since all the blockbusters are gone because of redbox

Deathdealer14
Deathdealer14
101 posts
Nomad

Well, I rent a game, to see if it is good, then if I like it I will buy it, so both.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

Family Video is a good place to rent games, cheap prices too. But I can't rent things from there because when I was younger I never returned some games and the prices you have to pay a lot of money to be able to rent again. The thing was under my parents account. I guess I'll have to wait a year or two so that I can get my own account there.

jroyster22
jroyster22
756 posts
Peasant

Renting is a great option when you would like to test out a game. Also, game fly is good too because once you beat the game you can return the game for another game.

PrideRage
PrideRage
151 posts
Nomad

I prefer renting over buying.
And I can give a real good example:
I have watched in 1 month a lot of interviews, technical stuff and other things about Crysis 2. I felt in love with what I've been hearing.
If I had the possibility to rent it before buying, I wouldn't have spent a fortune on that game.

Renting is good to get a first impression, and a second one
And if you like the game really much, you can but it.
So obviously I'm for renting hehe.

ide4749
ide4749
310 posts
Nomad

i buy i mean if it's bad you have this little thing called a receit

finnman5
finnman5
68 posts
Nomad

buy if i dont like it i bring it back

ide4749
ide4749
310 posts
Nomad

buy if i dont like it i bring it back

I agree with that as u can see i said that above
domecraft
domecraft
333 posts
Nomad

I usually rent first to see if its good then buy if i like it.

Joe96
Joe96
2,233 posts
Peasant

Usually I buy, but when all me and my brother got for Christmas or our birthday was those cheaply programmed $20 Wii games (Mario games have always been good, though), I would kind of want to sell them.

ide4749
ide4749
310 posts
Nomad

$20 Wii games (Mario games have always been good, though), I would kind of want to sell them.

Mario is kinda old like for those noobs who want to collect all Mario items I don't like Mario that much
ide4749
ide4749
310 posts
Nomad

Ya wii is okay so i usually rent for that

James212
James212
89 posts
Blacksmith

I would have to agree with some people about renting it first and to see if it sucks or its good game. So i would probably choose rent.

ScouseWarrior
ScouseWarrior
1,391 posts
Nomad

When I see a game like CoD or Halo, I will buy it straight away but with new games that have no founding games, I will probley rent them, to check to see if they're any good.

Showing 31-45 of 136