The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsThe Taverndoes your computers brightness every hurt your eyes?

23 4351
ShadowShank696
ShadowShank696
577 posts
Nomad

If so theres this program you can install called Flux its basically a lighting system for your computer so that depending on what time of day it is it will ajust to how much light you need for example if it were night then the computer screen would be really bright and when its in the morning it will be very dimm so it dosnt hurt your light fragile eyes. It can really save your eyes! I have been using this for a few days now and my eyes dont feel burned out of my socket like they had been when i had been on my laptop for extended periods of time

Link to the software: Flux

• 23 Replies
Koru7
Koru7
1,405 posts
Nomad

no it doesn't hurt my eyes. only if i have a headache and shouldn't be on the computer anyway. it'll make my eyes water if i don't blink but other than that no.

ShadowShank696
ShadowShank696
577 posts
Nomad

A few side notes:

If you have a laptop and tend to play while you charge the computer settings for brightness when charging could overide this program so just be aware of this (i play and charge alot so just thought you should be know!)

Anthoer thing is to make sure your computer clock is correct this program wont do any good if you dont have your clock set right.

RainbowGoGangster3
RainbowGoGangster3
529 posts
Nomad

omg yes it hurts right now

master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

I have to say, this is extremely pointless. When you are inside it usually doesn't matter what time of day it is because of your lighting. I'm not sure about PC's, but on my macbook there is just a button on the keyboard to adjust the lighting, and also the mac automatically dims and brightens the screen depending on how bright the room is. I still hate my mac but lighting is never a problem. This program is just a waste of processing power, and on a mac, you have barely have any to begin with.

ShadowShank696
ShadowShank696
577 posts
Nomad

I really didnt expect people to explain to me why they arent going to use it its just here for people who want it if you think its pointless or just dont want it you dont have to explain why just move along

master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

I really didnt expect people to explain to me why they arent going to use it its just here for people who want it if you think its pointless or just dont want it you dont have to explain why just move along

If you are just making this to show off this program, and not discuss it's usefulness, then what you are doing is advertising, and as we all know, that's against the rules.
ShadowShank696
ShadowShank696
577 posts
Nomad

the orginal post is describing its usefullness and besides i dont think if its something for free that is truly advertising but if it is then the mods will do is lock it. o whatever happens happens

ShadowShank696
ShadowShank696
577 posts
Nomad

Sorry but i jsut had to redo that comment it had so amny errors

The orginal post is describing its usefullness (isnt it?) and besides i dont think if its something for free that is truly advertising but if it is then the mods will lock it. So until then we will just have to wait and see what happens

master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

The orginal post is describing its usefullness (isnt it?) and besides i dont think if its something for free that is truly advertising

"Come to AG! We have great games for free! Our forums are a great place to hang out!"

That's could pretty much describing AG's usefulness and it would be considered advertising.
ShadowShank696
ShadowShank696
577 posts
Nomad

Allright i see your point on that but like i said we will just have to wait for the mods to make the dec ision of locking it.

cleofer5
cleofer5
354 posts
Scribe

my eyes begin to hurt at night since lamp isnt bright enough to combat my screen.

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

The day that every suggestion for some new thing is branded an advertising ploy will be sad day indeed.

In other news, if the brightness is hurting your eyes you shouldn't be on.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

I keep my laptop on a very low brightness level. For two reasons:
1) It conserves power.
2) It hurts my eyes when I have it on a higher level of brightness.
I don't see a point in that program you put in the OP since on computers there are options to turn up and down the brightness.

Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

The biggest problem with this is that it's bright at night and dark during the day. Fail...?

Oh, and the fact that it's entirely unecessary.

darkrai097
darkrai097
858 posts
Nomad

My computer only hurts my eyes when I've just woken up and I'm not used to the light yet.

Showing 1-15 of 23