The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsThe TavernA Robot Apocalypse

37 3616
VisionsGaming
VisionsGaming
66 posts
Nomad

Is it possible and if it is when would it most likely happen?

• 37 Replies
VisionsGaming
VisionsGaming
66 posts
Nomad

Oh ok now i know what you mean.

DarkGamer99
DarkGamer99
606 posts
Nomad

If that happens that would be really cool and all. Bur what if all of these Robots suddenly turned evil and started to cause chaos in our world. That what would we do than? How would we stop them. Something to think about right there.

iMogwai
iMogwai
2,027 posts
Peasant

How would we stop them.

EMPs, maybe. Or maybe water could mess up their circuits. Could you imagine an army of humans fighting the robots with water guns?
VisionsGaming
VisionsGaming
66 posts
Nomad

first of all that wouldnt be cool and second we could kill them explosives, arsonal weapons and yea emps

VisionsGaming
VisionsGaming
66 posts
Nomad

no we should use water baloons

DarkGamer99
DarkGamer99
606 posts
Nomad

Yeah all of us vs these evil robots with Water Guns. And it would be kinda cool to have robots helping us out with some things.

jets99
jets99
599 posts
Nomad

I dont think it is possible and if it does happen then it wont be for along time in the future unless humans have some break through discovery and we make millions more of robots and program them to be very smart and I dont think they would care about doing physical labor for us because robots have no emotions or feelings

VisionsGaming
VisionsGaming
66 posts
Nomad

it is possible because technology is getting more advanced

chitown
chitown
1,614 posts
Farmer

This could be possible in the distant future. Technology will be better and possibly out of control. But I don't think I will be alive to see it.

VisionsGaming
VisionsGaming
66 posts
Nomad

Exactly thats what I'm saying. Im not saying it will happen soon.

iamnotironman
iamnotironman
1,287 posts
Nomad

The only way would be a virus or a person makes a robot so smart it overtakes humans.

Darko117
Darko117
44 posts
Nomad

it will happen because of a class in my school that im in. A) because my robot literaly jumped out of the closet and attacked my friend with it's lego drill. B) It has a red light. C) iT' A ROOMBA!

DarkGamer99
DarkGamer99
606 posts
Nomad

Yes I think we could see one of these some day soon.

Joe96
Joe96
2,226 posts
Peasant

According to Time magazine (hey, I actually read something! ) there computers will be at the same brain power as a rat in only a few years. The day they have the same brainpower as humans will be known as 'the singularity'. I'm too lazy to find a link though...do it yourself I guess

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,438 posts
Jester

@Joe96
Will have the same brainpower as humans? Some already do! There are some that well exceed human thought. They are just extremely large with the existing technology size as a limitation, but similar to TV and phones, will become smaller in the future. If you recall when AI was first invented, there was a programmer who taught a CPU how to play checkers/chess (I forget which) and it learned enough to beat its creator. There are some which don't think for themselves and some that do. Some follow guidelines or patterns, others move freely. There are some that do learn on their own.
Here's a good vid (Check some related vids too):

Here's another good one:

That's about all we got so far, but later on they will likely have military uses.

Showing 16-30 of 37