The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsThe TavernSummer work

19 2482
Joe96
Joe96
2,226 posts
Peasant

So it's summer, and most people get to sit back and do nothing (at least academically). Well, now that I'm in high school, I have driver's ed with BTW, summer reading, and a math packet...next summer I'll have the reading, math, and a job D:
Anyone else have summer work (probably mostly the older users)?

• 19 Replies
XVERB
XVERB
3,137 posts
Nomad

i don't have a real job, cause i would get fired with in a week, but i do make money cutting lawns and stuff like that.

master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

I might be getting a life guarding job later this summer.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

I can't get a job yet. They aren't hiring fifteen year olds anywhere. So I'll just have to wait until I'm sixteen. But I do things like mow lawns, rake, etc.

idontsuckthatmuch
idontsuckthatmuch
2,261 posts
Nomad

Nope, I'm too young.

However, when I was in 5th grade, I did help run my parent's bubble tea / coffee shop during my summer.

But recently? I don't do anything that would make me money anyway.

eaglepaw
eaglepaw
322 posts
Nomad

i worked last summer but i wont work this summer.

hitmanvp95
hitmanvp95
1,089 posts
Nomad

My dad is supposed to get me a job at some fancy hotel in Andorra. It pays really well, but i hear you gotta work like a SOB.

eaglepaw
eaglepaw
322 posts
Nomad

My dad is supposed to get me a job at some fancy hotel in Andorra.

what will you do there?
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

I don't have a reliable means of transportation to my job, and the few places in biking/walking distance are hiring. A closeby neighborhood has a clubhouse, and I'll probally apply to bus tables or something. Ussually landscapers hire a lot of people over the summer, but this year thats changed for some odd reason.

So I'm unemployed, and will most likely remain so.

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,139 posts
Farmer

I have a job interview today, so fingers crossed.

Last summer i moved to America to work, best job ever.
Anybody in unversity outside the USA should look into it :]

JohnGarell
JohnGarell
1,747 posts
Peasant

Nope; I got a life; AG! Just joking. May in the future; but then at weekends to earn more. ^_^

Koru7
Koru7
1,405 posts
Nomad

well i would like a job, but seeming how i'm too short and look like a 12 year, people wouldn't take me seriously. If I had to work this summer, it would be bagging groceries or something like that.

chitown
chitown
1,614 posts
Farmer

I'm not old enough to get a job but when I am old enough I am not going to be looking forward to it.

CommanderDude7
CommanderDude7
4,689 posts
Nomad

Eh I wash windows on a nearby college campus. Its an easy 40 hours a week at least.

deadhead50
deadhead50
341 posts
Nomad

im hoping to get a summer job but with my luck i wont anyway i can work during all my free time (i got lots) and make money to spend it, wait i cant spend it ill be working, darn my plan to take over the worl- wait what?! where am i?!?!

hokzwijn
hokzwijn
511 posts
Peasant

My parents are having guests at the Nijmegen (my home town) Four Days March and I am supposed to take care that they have all they need. I am getting like half the money that the guests pay. $$$$$$

P.S. If you don't know what the Nijmegen Four Days March is here is a Wikipedia link.

[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Four_Days_Marches_Nijmegen]

Showing 1-15 of 19