ForumsNews and FeedbackNo more Armor Points.

229 69589
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Hi everyone, I have more news to share about points and ranking on AG3, and wanted to lump in ranking and leaderboard discussions here as well.

The previous topic was here:
http://armorgames.com/community/thread/6441505/ideas-and-discussions-about-migrating-armor-points-to-agv3

---

I hope you're sitting down ...

---

For the "TL;DR" people among you: everyone will essentially have their Armor Points reset to zero. AG3 will likely not migrate any points from AG2 with our current setup and direction.

Unless something drastic happens, or there's enough people who vocalize their unhappiness about this to Dan, this is how AG3 will start out.

After our meeting about Achievements yesterday, I was brought in the loop on how &quotoints" will work on AG3.

In a nutshell...

AG3 "Armor Points" as a sum total will calculate your "AG Score". We will still refer to them as &quotoints", but the site will show them as your "score".

AG3 points will be awarded primarily through the winning of game-related Achievements, and each achievement will have different amounts of points attached (easier achievements will give fewer points, for example).

The achievements we award for AG2 legacy features (previous rank, forum post count, etc) will not award AG3 points.

I do NOT believe we will award points for rating games, or if we do, it will be a minimal amount like the 2 points we give you now. If this is the case, we WILL migrate some points.

The examples Larry gave yesterday about Achievements showed some being worth as many as 15 or 30 points EACH.

---

I will re-open this topic when I have more information to answer questions.

• 229 Replies
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

We haven't decided what game submissions will award, if anything. We may have a separate system, though just having the number of games submitted is really enough when you think about it. Just list users in the descending order of how many approved games they submitted, and there's your leaderboard.

HayMeadow
HayMeadow
1 posts
Nomad

I Believe that people who rank too high on a game 'hackers' should not be displayed in the leaderboard however if someone has worked hard and displayed a lot of hard work to become first that is great. The annoying thing is some people even say they hack the sites which is unfair for everyone trying to be no.1. I do realize that this is not one of the questions to be answered but it was the most appropriate blog space i could find to express my point

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

if someone has worked hard and displayed a lot of hard work to become first that is great.

We can usually tell when someone has worked hard to get a top score. There was one game a little while ago (few months maybe) where one user's score was WAY ahead of everyone else. Upon review, we realized that the game allowed you to submit a score, then keep playing. After a while, you could re-submit your new, higher score. This user really *had* worked his way up to what appeared at first glance to be a hacked score.

Others are much, much easier to spot: no progress, just BLAM, #1 spot. Those get deleted.
Radeo
Radeo
4 posts
Peasant

I would like to get back to the problem of Emperor's rank - on the homepage, for example, somewhere near the logo, there could be a little spot which woul'd be saying: The current Emperor is: "somebody", and showing his armatar ect.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

I would like to get back to the problem of Emperor's rank

We've already discussed this, and it's been presented to Dan for consideration. There's nothing more to talk about until he decides to add it as a feature.
jtjackdog
jtjackdog
36 posts
Shepherd

i think you should keep it in the same place but only rank the top 5

JohnGarell
JohnGarell
1,752 posts
Peasant

So we will just be able to use the free Armatars because all AP will be deleted? I'm sorry if this should be in the Armatar-discussion.

McJibberLaugh
McJibberLaugh
25 posts
Nomad

[quote] - whether we should keep the current rank system (serf, knight, prince, king, etc) and WHY

I really love the ranking system because it shows how much you like armor games because obviosly firetail_madness loves armor games and thats why he deserves a "King" ranking!

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Man, you guys should see what Ron is cooking up for the new profile pages on AG3.... daaaaaang it's cool!

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

I wanna say "don't keep us in the dark", but I figure keeping it a surprise will spur suspense. But still here I am hypothesizing what it's gonna look like...

Sparkytrick1
Sparkytrick1
100 posts
Nomad

I think you should recive points for providing in game content that is well recived by other people. By "in game content," I mean something like a song on POM2 or a map on Armor Mayhem. This would encourage people to share their ideas.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Yeah, we've thought about awarding points for gameshares, but the decision isn't finalized yet.

aaiirr123
aaiirr123
57 posts
Nomad

there should be more points for submiting a game you put hours of work in to a game and get 20 points instead of rating a bunch a games were you could earn a 1000 points

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

there should be more points for submiting a game you put hours of work in to a game and get 20 points instead of rating a bunch a games were you could earn a 1000 points

Points will only be given for Achievements to start. We're debating a different reward system (besides the obvious 'cash' reward) for having a game on our site.
aaiirr123
aaiirr123
57 posts
Nomad

sorry i didnt know you got cash for submiting flash games

Showing 46-60 of 229