ForumsNews and FeedbackNo more Armor Points.

229 69621
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Hi everyone, I have more news to share about points and ranking on AG3, and wanted to lump in ranking and leaderboard discussions here as well.

The previous topic was here:
http://armorgames.com/community/thread/6441505/ideas-and-discussions-about-migrating-armor-points-to-agv3

---

I hope you're sitting down ...

---

For the "TL;DR" people among you: everyone will essentially have their Armor Points reset to zero. AG3 will likely not migrate any points from AG2 with our current setup and direction.

Unless something drastic happens, or there's enough people who vocalize their unhappiness about this to Dan, this is how AG3 will start out.

After our meeting about Achievements yesterday, I was brought in the loop on how &quotoints" will work on AG3.

In a nutshell...

AG3 "Armor Points" as a sum total will calculate your "AG Score". We will still refer to them as &quotoints", but the site will show them as your "score".

AG3 points will be awarded primarily through the winning of game-related Achievements, and each achievement will have different amounts of points attached (easier achievements will give fewer points, for example).

The achievements we award for AG2 legacy features (previous rank, forum post count, etc) will not award AG3 points.

I do NOT believe we will award points for rating games, or if we do, it will be a minimal amount like the 2 points we give you now. If this is the case, we WILL migrate some points.

The examples Larry gave yesterday about Achievements showed some being worth as many as 15 or 30 points EACH.

---

I will re-open this topic when I have more information to answer questions.

• 229 Replies
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

and the new Reputation system wouldn't work out well either, except for merits, which are extremely hard to get anyways.

I still disagree with that.

I think players who have had an account since AG2 should have a legacy shield thing showing that they have had an account since before AGv3

That's almost a definite already.

Of course having all the scores completely wiped will give everyone a fresh start, and the scoring system is changing anyway, so keeping the scores isn't really an option. However, I can see a lot of people getting annoyed that their forum post count will be reset, like Ernie for example.

We're more upset that certain threads get wiped out, threads that have a lot of memories for us.
happyjoe
happyjoe
8 posts
Nomad

every thing I have read sounds great i would just like it if you could transfer some of the points from AGv2.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

every thing I have read sounds great i would just like it if you could transfer some of the points from AGv2.

Given that the point system will be changed totally and that AG2 users will get some legacy type achievements for their pains in gaining AP here, that won't happen most likely.
invalid777
invalid777
2,074 posts
Nomad

Yeah I'm hoping for all of the data EXCEPT for the forum post count is reset. Also, how often do they update the 'Current Leaderboard'?

bunionboy
bunionboy
56 posts
Peasant

that makes meh sad that i wont have all my points again... that took a long time!

LucasDaLegend
LucasDaLegend
1,066 posts
Nomad

I think that forum posts should still award points, but a very low amount like we have now. The ratings of games should be reset and started over because many people have now changed their mind about a particular game. You should still be awarded Armor Points for rating a game; just keep it the same amount. The fact that you can get awarded points through a game is an excellent idea and a great way to get users to start using the site for it's true purpose. I am still very confused as to whether there will be an actual ranking system. I think that the ranking system is a good idea and shouldn't be changed apart from the minor, adding a few more ranks into it.

Zorvex
Zorvex
223 posts
Peasant

points take a long time to achieve... no way should players lose that.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

points take a long time to achieve... no way should players lose that.

I've seen spammers gain 15k AP in three days alone. That's not fair is it? As it is AP is going to be an outmoded system when AG3 rolls out, since one can so easily AP farm now.
sonnymasta
sonnymasta
294 posts
Peasant

I agree with nichodemus. I think there should be limitations and such to how much AP you can earn in a day. Some people go to a game rate and comment without even fully playing the game and just commenting like: nice, good game or fun and other comments that don't help the developers improve their game but then again the comments section are for comments so that's why the merit system is there to give more AP to valuable comments that involve reviews of a game.

invalid777
invalid777
2,074 posts
Nomad

As it is AP is going to be an outmoded system when AG3 rolls out

If the admins are even programming AG3.

I think there should be limitations and such to how much AP you can earn in a day.

Yeah. I think they should drop the game rating thing. The comments should only be one AP, while the forum posts two.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

They are. I stalk Joey's profile comments on other peoples' walls.

Yeah. I think they should drop the game rating thing.

Doesn't matter. No AP will be given for game ratings in AG3. I hope the ratings are still left though, so devs can see our reactions.
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

As is evident by the link to the right of the homepage banner.

The comments should only be one AP, while the forum posts two.

I'd rather keep the community as clean as it already is, thanks -_-
invalid777
invalid777
2,074 posts
Nomad

I stalk Joey's profile comments on other peoples' walls.

Yeah, we kind of know that already.

As is evident by the link to the right of the homepage banner.

But it's been like that for a while now. NO CHANGES!
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Pooey...and I thought I was invisible Invalid.

But it's been like that for a while now. NO CHANGES!

Anyway, has it been finalised how points will be gained in AG3?
invalid777
invalid777
2,074 posts
Nomad

And why can't they just release the beta version of AG3 now? They could just add changes later. The last time they added something to the site was the 'game plays'. WTF is that supposed to do? "Oh, I played seven games! Yay me!" And on the right hand side where it says "Promoted Game" Nothing is even there. Is this why they're saying "Mid to late 2012"?

Showing 136-150 of 229