ForumsNews and FeedbackNo more Armor Points.

229 69608
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Hi everyone, I have more news to share about points and ranking on AG3, and wanted to lump in ranking and leaderboard discussions here as well.

The previous topic was here:
http://armorgames.com/community/thread/6441505/ideas-and-discussions-about-migrating-armor-points-to-agv3

---

I hope you're sitting down ...

---

For the "TL;DR" people among you: everyone will essentially have their Armor Points reset to zero. AG3 will likely not migrate any points from AG2 with our current setup and direction.

Unless something drastic happens, or there's enough people who vocalize their unhappiness about this to Dan, this is how AG3 will start out.

After our meeting about Achievements yesterday, I was brought in the loop on how &quotoints" will work on AG3.

In a nutshell...

AG3 "Armor Points" as a sum total will calculate your "AG Score". We will still refer to them as &quotoints", but the site will show them as your "score".

AG3 points will be awarded primarily through the winning of game-related Achievements, and each achievement will have different amounts of points attached (easier achievements will give fewer points, for example).

The achievements we award for AG2 legacy features (previous rank, forum post count, etc) will not award AG3 points.

I do NOT believe we will award points for rating games, or if we do, it will be a minimal amount like the 2 points we give you now. If this is the case, we WILL migrate some points.

The examples Larry gave yesterday about Achievements showed some being worth as many as 15 or 30 points EACH.

---

I will re-open this topic when I have more information to answer questions.

• 229 Replies
Jazmoon
Jazmoon
561 posts
Peasant

Whoops looks like the quote thing went a bit loopy its just supposed to be the top paragraph sorry about that

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

Not everyone cares about a number gained on a flash gaming site.

There are still plenty of people who do. Look at the monthly leaderboard, for example.

For my profile, I still isn't saw my ranking show up yet.

Nobody's is, and telling the entire community about a well-known problem that everyone else is experiencing in a thread that has nothing to do with that sort of thing isn't going to make it show up any faster.

lol, this sounds almost exactly like how Kongregate is right now

Tragic, isn't it? I'm going to miss those IQ points.

But you've already had a chance to be gold king and i would like a chance to get to gold queen and it will be harder if the scores are erased.

It will be even harder than that when the point system is erased.
Rhodes1013
Rhodes1013
98 posts
Nomad

i like the ranks and really everything but on a game with a survival mode it would be cool if it timed you to see how long you lasted and how many kills you got and your score for the points you get with each kill rather than just the points for each kill saying how good you did for example someone could have gotten farther than another but had less points because they might have used spread dmg and got less points for the enemies they killed with spread dmg but other than how the scoring works everything is really good in my point of view

murasaki9
murasaki9
1,390 posts
Blacksmith

I think that people who have been on AG2 and worked up past a certain rank should be given some compensation. After all, why should veterans of AG be reset for AG3 and have to start all over again like the newbies of AG3?

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

I think that people who have been on AG2 and worked up past a certain rank should be given some compensation. After all, why should veterans of AG be reset for AG3 and have to start all over again like the newbies of AG3?

There will be legacy achievements based on AG2 when AG3 is launched, but those achievements will not award points.
Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

There will be legacy achievements based on AG2 when AG3 is launched, but those achievements will not award points.

I think a legacy achievement is enough. I mean half of the top ten on the leader board aren't even active anymore, so i'm sure there won't be too much disappointment there.
wajor59
wajor59
909 posts
Nomad

Since Cormyn hasn't commented on this thread since last September I don't know if these suggestions are even worth mentioning but here's my thoughts.

- ideas about where you want us to show your AG Score (the total of your points)

Cormyn said that the "team" was thinking of using,

One idea we had was to make everyone's armatar a hover pop-up that would show some basic stats like how long they've been a member, AG Score, etc., and controls to add them as a friend, follow them, etc.
a "hover pop-up attached to the armatar.
I would like to add the suggestion of being able to leave a brief comment to the user's profile page. For instance, if I agree with their "community" comment instead of wasting thread space with unnecessary chatter that usually strays off-topic I could utilize this feature instead. If this feature is implemented it would also save us from having to have multiple tabs open to leave comments to other user's profiles for their game comments, too.

example: Maybe I was able to achieve a higher score on a game because of the way Gantic rated a game, for example. I could then comment to him directly and thank him without wasting space on the games comment page.

ideas about where to show the leaderboard

I think an individual leaderboard could be attached to the above &quotop-up" idea showing a user's weekly progress or something similar by showing the previous weeks score vs the current weeks score. Then much like AG2 has showing the top leaders on it's homepage but instead of having it be on display just have a separate tab for it say, next to the FAQ.

how we could display the leaderboard

Using the above "separate tab" idea, a display showing each user's armatar, when they opened an AG account, how long it took them to reach their gaming achievement and where they currently stand in say the top 10. If people want to archive it, it could be a sub-section of the tab but on another page much like the archive community comments.

whether we should keep the current rank system (serf, knight, prince, king, etc) and WHY

The current rank system and the female counterparts is fine and keeping the hats will be fun. I think it would be a nice touch to keep this a "familiar" feature with AG3.

whether we need to come up with a new rank system, and what you think the ranks should be

If I were to change it the changes would only be cosmetic like Gantic said but my difference(s) is:

Personally, I like the Russian Tzar and Tzarina better than emperor and empress because it sounds more cool.
A different way to show rank such as the whole face with the crowns and hats. A more accurate background coloring for Iron (or, a flat gray) vs AG2's silver (or, shiny gray) color. I'm not sure whether the color gold is supposed to represent the highest rank or if it's supposed to be the color of brass or bronze but it would be nice for the colors to be more authentic, please.
jjman070
jjman070
47 posts
Nomad

i like the points reset thing it gives everyone a even start like when your hooked on something then you free yourself (hopefully you know what i mean)also ARMOR GAMES FOREVER!!!!!!

Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

A different way to show rank such as the whole face with the crowns and hats.

They'd have to find a way to make it so it isn't exclusive to one ethnicity, and that would have to be pulled off creatively if it were to look professional. It's hard to beat the simple genius behind those hats!
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

and that would have to be pulled off creatively if it were to look professional.

Faces would make them look....childish and absurd.
Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

What I was thinking was something along the lines of the Transformers logo. The entire facial design would be in one shade of gray, giving a sort of ominous-shadowy look to it. But I think the hats are still much better!

jjman070
jjman070
47 posts
Nomad

i was thinking something like a coat of arms like one ranks is one peace then the next is the next or just a bunch of different coat of arms.

Doodeedaa
Doodeedaa
116 posts
Farmer

Maybe a champion rank! Please consider this.you don't have because I am just asking.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

Maybe a champion rank!

That could fit in with the medieval theme I suppose, but check the first five-ten pages to see what ranks were discussed. I even posted a link to a wiki page that had a lot of medieval ranks and they said they might include those. With the idea of achievements being in AG3 I assume we'll require more ranks, and I think they may add ranks to the reputation system. I'm not sure about that one.
pizzaicecream653
pizzaicecream653
145 posts
Nomad

i like the ranks that we have now but i would like them better if there were more ranks to achieve more ranks=more fun and then you also dont have to wait forever until you get to the next rank

Showing 181-195 of 229