ForumsThe TavernFavorite condiment, topping etc.

38 6470
Koru7
Koru7
1,408 posts
Nomad

what do you put on your food? a certain dressing, sauce, ketchup, salsa, the works?
hot dog/hamburger: ketchup, mustard, mayo.
salad: italian dressing, ranch.

• 38 Replies
idontsuckthatmuch
idontsuckthatmuch
2,270 posts
Nomad

Kinda broad... But I like to put mayo on my sandwiches and pepperoni and jalapenos on my pizza.

Mmm... Toasty.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

Depends on the food. Chips and such salsa, hotdogs/hamburgers/ect ketchup and mustard, sandwiches mayonnaise. Yeah.

TerryLasVegas
TerryLasVegas
774 posts
Nomad

Ketchup goes good on just about anything. so does sriracha sauce as i found out just a few weeks ago

Koru7
Koru7
1,408 posts
Nomad

please tell us what sriracha sauce is like? is it spicy or sweet? I kinda want to have people tell us what the different sauces and dips taste like with this thread.

deathopper
deathopper
1,567 posts
Nomad

I usually put Tabasco on my salads. IMO the spicy-ness makes the salad taste much better. I also eat something called Toum. It's a popular garlic based dip used for chicken and the Lebanese sandwich. It can be very spicy when homemade and that's how I like it.

idontsuckthatmuch
idontsuckthatmuch
2,270 posts
Nomad

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31yrBxS0syL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Hey, I see that all the time when I go to a pho restaurant. Never knew that's what it's called, though.
TerryLasVegas
TerryLasVegas
774 posts
Nomad

Its good stuff. surprisingly it tastes excellent on spaghetti

PlasmaMan
PlasmaMan
466 posts
Nomad

ketchup on my burgers, fries etc.. and diced jalapenos in my tacos.

Koru7
Koru7
1,408 posts
Nomad

cool. any homemade sauces or spices that you use at home?

deathopper
deathopper
1,567 posts
Nomad

cool. any homemade sauces or spices that you use at home?

Yes, my family makes homemade Toum. It's much spicier than the ones you find packed with chicken. Just the way I like them

My family also knows how to make homemade Hummus.
Koru7
Koru7
1,408 posts
Nomad

I like hummus on tortilla chips. i haven't tried it on anything else. any suggestions?

deathopper
deathopper
1,567 posts
Nomad

Well I usually east it as a part of Meze a selection of small dishes. I usually eat it with pita bread. I'm not a huge Hummus fan and don't eat it often at home so I can't really answer the question.

MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,390 posts
Shepherd

Well, I like mustard and ketchup on most normal things. But there is a chain down here, called Foosackly's, and they have this thing called Foo sauce, it is fantastic.
Also at Mikatos or any japanese steak house, they have this thing called Yum Yum sauce. It's delicious as well.

Koru7
Koru7
1,408 posts
Nomad

whoa that looks really good!
@moonfairy
what does yum yum sauce taste like?

FloydTC
FloydTC
2,920 posts
Nomad

you cant go wrong with marinara sauce. ive yet to find something it doesnt taste good with.

Showing 1-15 of 38