The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsThe TavernLulzSec(and why you may need to change your password)

24 4718
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Right so I haven't made a new thread in a while and the Tavern seemed like the only place that this topic would fit under, but this caught my interest today. A group that goes by the name LulzSec recently released account information(email and password combos) for 62,000 users of Amazon, Papal, Facebook, and Xbox Live as well as apparently a couple of dating sites. Regardless I would post the link so that you guys could check if your on the list(using ctrl + f) but that might break a rule in AG's Terms and Conditions concerning the distribution of personal information, as well as the fact that I'm sure most of you can find this info for yourself anyways. If you guys use the same password for multiple accounts including Facebook and Xbox Live(which is used when signing in via PC) then you might want to consider changing it.

Now then with that out of the way for the long term I suppose this thread should mainly be discussing the organization as a whole and the problems with network security or something along those lines.

Here is a link for reference:
[url]http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/prince-edward-island/story/2011/06/17/pei-lulzsec-personal-internet-accounts-584.html[/url]

• 24 Replies
FloydTC
FloydTC
2,906 posts
Nomad

I knew someday I would benefit from not making a facebook page, as well as those other things.

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,340 posts
Farmer

lol me too. i never had any of those and im happy like that XD

murasaki9
murasaki9
1,388 posts
Blacksmith

I'm glad I have neither Facebook, Amazon, Paypal or Xbox Live. Yikes that sort of news scares me lots!

puppetadventurer
puppetadventurer
35 posts
Nomad

Wow. I never knew that many people could get hacked by the same group. :OOOOO

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,139 posts
Farmer

I have literally everyone of the accounts leaked minus xbox.

Sheppard007
Sheppard007
237 posts
Nomad

I'm lucky I have none of those. Haha. Wait, did they hack Gmail?

EnterOrion
EnterOrion
4,220 posts
Nomad

Look at the name of these guys.

Think for a second.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Oh, ****. I can't believe that a few people could do something like this. Well, it's a good thing that I use a different password for every site that I'm registered on. The only thing out of the bunch that I have an account for is Facebook, and it seems to be alright.

The name of this group is funny, though. Lulz Security. From their name, it looks like they only did this for the laughs.

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Oh, ****. I can't believe that a few people could do something like this.

I don't think there is a confirmed number of members, but I do believe that it is probably larger then a few people.

From their name, it looks like they only did this for the laughs.

Well actually that is what they claim to be their intention. They don't go after any particular group for any particular reason, but are instead content with taking down random websites.
Blkasp
Blkasp
1,304 posts
Nomad

LulzSecurity - Lol.

Anyway, I have to say this: That's what you get Xbox fan boys

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

I don't think there is a confirmed number of members, but I do believe that it is probably larger then a few people.

Hmm, makes me want to know how many people are in this group.
Well actually that is what they claim to be their intention. They don't go after any particular group for any particular reason, but are instead content with taking down random websites.

I don't see how that would be fun, I'd rather not spend hours trying to take down a website. But it must bring them some enjoyment.
loloynage2
loloynage2
4,206 posts
Peasant

I knew someday I would benefit from not making a facebook page, as well as those other things.

That doesn't make much sense if you think about it. It would be like saying that you wouldn't buy a house because it could burn down.
iTrojans
iTrojans
296 posts
Nomad

Why can't the military track the IP of them and put them under military arrest.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

Anyway, I have to say this: That's what you get Xbox fan boys

They've hacked Nintendo and Play Station's systems in the past as well.
Avorne
Avorne
3,085 posts
Nomad

There'll never be a solid list or number of members, that's the (apparent) beauty of it, if you leave details of the raid in the right places then people will join if they want to - it's a very fluid group that shifts and adapts and changes members with each new target.

Showing 1-15 of 24