ForumsThe Tavernyour first job

25 3257
Bladerunner679
Bladerunner679
2,487 posts
Blacksmith

I just got Hired for my first job. I'm working at a local tom thumb (a texas branch of safeway) and I'm really psyched that I got it. I'm currently a sacker there, and I actually enjoy the minimum wage.

sorry about the rambling, but I want to know what your first job was, whether it's a family job, summer job, or w/e.

• 25 Replies
MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,386 posts
Shepherd

Well my first EVER job was mowing lawns. I was like... 10. And I worked at my parents office, cleaning the whole place.
But my first official job was at the Skating Rink, but I quit is, and now I work at a bookstore woot woot.

Bladerunner679
Bladerunner679
2,487 posts
Blacksmith

I also mow lawns and I clean my house. I know that feeling. I get $25 per lawn, and $60 per house cleaning.

in this case I do mean official jobs, but if you are too young, then anything you get paid to do will work.

AceofSky
AceofSky
767 posts
Blacksmith

No official jobs yet...I mow lawns, clean stuff, and do labor pretty muchcxv. They sadly don't let you do anything till you are like 16. I bet my first job will be at a grocery store or something. Maybe a cashier, I'm good at math That's pretty much it...

PurpleSquishy
PurpleSquishy
150 posts
Shepherd

worked at Burger King for two days in a month so I went and got a different job.

glegleglo
glegleglo
1 posts
Nomad

I used to work at Hollywood Video before they closed down. On the upside, since I was still working there when it was going bankrupt I got to take a few movies home!

TackyCrazyTNT
TackyCrazyTNT
1,936 posts
Peasant

My first job EVER was babysitting my piano teacher's kids. It was easier than just babysitting some random children, since I know them and they like me.
My parents won't let me get a job. T.T
I want some money of my own that I can spend.
A lot of kids around my area work at restaurants and fast food joints.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

I've never had a real job. But I do things like mow lawns, rake, shovel snow, babysit, etc., for money.

I'll probably get a part time job this fall/winter or starting next year.

goumas13
goumas13
4,752 posts
Grand Duke

My first official job was Mall cop. It was pretty easy. The only thing I had to do was wear an uniform and a bulletproof vest, and walk up and down a corridor.

James212
James212
88 posts
Blacksmith

take out the trash.

Sarthra21
Sarthra21
1,078 posts
Nomad

My very first money making job was clearing out my grandmother's gutters and doing lawn work. She paid well, I got $40 a week out of it. Then again, than was about three years ago when $20 was a lot of money to me.

For my first real job I stocked shelves at Jewel Osco. I filled out a work permit and started work there. You see, I can stock shelves without having to get a liquor sales license.

Joe96
Joe96
2,226 posts
Peasant

Not really a job as much as it is a chore, but I mow the lawn at my house :P
I'll be looking for a job soon though.

Bladerunner679
Bladerunner679
2,487 posts
Blacksmith

lol, I know how that is. my lawn is a nightmare to care for, but I naturally take pride in my work so I do it anyway after somebody compliments it.

indienorien
indienorien
24 posts
Peasant

First job: working in a delhaize for 7.8-ish euros an hour. And that would be 11$.

thecattygrl
thecattygrl
230 posts
Nomad

I was in Tommy at like... Age 2. Does that count?

I was also a secretary for my mom starting at age 11

I created items for a shop in town at age 12. I got commission for items sold there.

None of these may be considered jobs but I think they are and that is that.

bravehawk204
bravehawk204
349 posts
Nomad

I worked on my dads farm. I now hate horses.

Showing 1-15 of 25