ForumsThe TavernBad Weather

86 12056
Joe96
Joe96
2,233 posts
Peasant

Not to be confused with the general 'weather' thread, this one is about BAD weather. What bad weather is your area known for? How often does it happen? The reason I made this thread is because right now I'm stuck in my basement with a tornado warning :P

• 86 Replies
azndude07
azndude07
31 posts
Peasant

Texas generally has blistering heat and humidity. On a consistent basis over the summer =/
And we've had a drought for about the past 4 weeks now, though it did POUR rain yesterday, but there have still been wild fires all over the areas.

ColdMold
ColdMold
32 posts
Nomad

Here in Pennsylvania we get a lot of huge snowstorms and sometimes tornado watches, but mostly really bad thunderstorms or heat advisories.

snowguy13
snowguy13
2,159 posts
Nomad

@azndude07

Ooh, I've heard about the drought down South. That must be awful. I'm glad you got rain, though! I can't stand even a week without rain; months would be awful...
---
We often get some nasty storms here, and I love them!

snowguy13
snowguy13
2,159 posts
Nomad

There's some heavy rain hitting here today, and I love it!

GentlemanClam
GentlemanClam
529 posts
Nomad

I live in Texas and it's so dang hot! I'm burning everytime I go outside...

snowguy13
snowguy13
2,159 posts
Nomad

Heat doesn't sound so good for clams! It's excessively dry in Texas right now, too, isn't it?

This was weird: the last storm we had took three days to get by! Then, today we had a burst of rain and by the afternoon, the winds were from the west-northwest (backside of storm). I guess this one was eager to get away from the US?

pft
pft
576 posts
Grand Duke

here rain and bad weather is a natural day if it is slightly warm like 20 Celsius that is to hot here.

vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

It's not bad in California. In the Winter, it could rain really badly or in the Summer it could be really hot.

snowguy13
snowguy13
2,159 posts
Nomad

@pft

So about 70 F is to hot for you? I think that's perfect...

@vinster132

Imagine your winter + your summer and you'll have an Iowa summer. :P

samabizzle
samabizzle
46 posts
Nomad

I live in England.
It's green.
Why is it green?
Because it rains.
It rains a lot. -.-
However it's shockingly sunny today.

vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

So about 70 F is to hot for you? I think that's perfect...

What? 70 degrees IS perfect. When it gets around 90 degrees it crosses my line.
snowguy13
snowguy13
2,159 posts
Nomad

@vinster132

That was directed at pft, who noted that 20 C was hot for him.

I'd have to agree with you. 90 F + and 70% + humidity are over the line for me.

snowguy13
snowguy13
2,159 posts
Nomad

How about floods? There are some bad ones going on in western Iowa right now (though there are many other locations).

http://www.bbc.co.uk/bristol/content/images/2008/01/11/bristol_weather_1_400x300.jpg
Not a picture of Iowa; just a flood picture I found.

GentlemanClam
GentlemanClam
529 posts
Nomad

How about floods? There are some bad ones going on in western Iowa right now (though there are many other locations).

There was once a semi-flood in Texas(Where I live.) and we were driving in it after we dropped my friend off at her house and when we were about 3 blocks away from my house, our car just stopped. So we had to drive 3 blocks in heavy rain and in 3 inch or so deep water. That was a terrible day...
bravehawk204
bravehawk204
350 posts
Nomad

I had a small tornado come through our farm and all it did was rip off some tree branches.

Showing 16-30 of 86