ForumsThe TavernBest Breakfast: French Toast, Pancakes, or Waffles?

37 5057
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,438 posts
Jester

Which would you rather have for breakfast?

• 37 Replies
Bladerunner679
Bladerunner679
2,487 posts
Blacksmith

waffles. just because the form allows it to actually hold little pockets of syrup, which is awesome.

Joe96
Joe96
2,226 posts
Peasant

During the school year, I usually have toaster waffles for breakfast. But, when I go on a road trip to my relatives' houses (about 500 miles), I have French toast sticks at the Travel Plaza Burger king on the way back.

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,139 posts
Farmer

Pancakes. Always pancakes. Waffles are like a big treat to me because they're not common here. French toast is too heavy for the morning.

chitown
chitown
1,614 posts
Farmer

Do you like pancakes? Yes I like pancakes. Do you like waffles? Yes I like waffles. Do you like french toast? Yes I like french toast.

Sorry I had to.

I prefer french toast because I think it tastes better. It is also more filling.

And what is with all of the 'what do you like better' threads today?

Dragonblaze052
Dragonblaze052
26,677 posts
Peasant

French toast, hands down. I love them all, but French toast is just so much better.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

French Toast...
I've had too much pancakes and waffles.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

Given a choice between the three I will usually pick pancakes.

Squidbears
Squidbears
626 posts
Nomad

it all depends...
if the pancakes have fresh fruit in them... they win
if they dont... waffles win...
french toast is only better than the others when i'm in the right mood... its kinda... heavy? i dont really know how to describe it

idontsuckthatmuch
idontsuckthatmuch
2,261 posts
Nomad

If I had to pick between the three, I'd pick waffles with strawberries and whipped cream. Or maybe stuffed French Toast.

But how about we don't limit ourselves to those three?

If I didn't have to pick, I'll pick Honey Bunches of Oats. Mmmm...

ShadowShank696
ShadowShank696
577 posts
Nomad

I usually don't eat breakfast but when i do i usually eat a kolcahe (wheres that on the list?) since i prefer not to eat anything to sweet in the morning. but if i had to choose from these three i would probably say pancakes since i like the texture better than waffles (and yes texture is a big deal for me) but like i mentioned earlier i don't like my breakfast to sweet so i don't put to much syrup on my pancakes

idontsuckthatmuch
idontsuckthatmuch
2,261 posts
Nomad

@ShadowShank

But breakfast is the most important meal of the day!

deathopper
deathopper
1,564 posts
Nomad

In my book pancakes>waffles and I don't care abbot french toast I never ate one.
Pancakes are so fun to bake and they tast so soft, flufy and delicious and they taste great with maple syrup. They have so many varieties: you have the french crepe, the German pfannkuchen, the Austrian and Bavarian palats*****e, the Russian blintz, the Italien version of the crepe called crespelle and many other varieties.

Waffles are also good and come to a close second, but it's too crunchy and I prefer my crunchy-ness for lunch and dinner.

I never ate french toast so I can't comment on it.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Neither, honestly. I prefer to eat cereal or eggs and toast for breakfast. If I had to choose something from those three, then I'd say pancakes. Waffles are too hard for me and french toast is too small.

HorrorLord
HorrorLord
17 posts
Nomad

French toast.Too much pancakes and waffles.

PlasmaMan
PlasmaMan
464 posts
Nomad

If I'm in a rush:Waffles
If I want to make funny shapes with the batter:Pancakes
If I don't make it:French toast
By the way generic maple syrup is way better than pure maple surup.

Showing 1-15 of 37