The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsThe Tavernwhat is the difference between 7 up and sprite?

19 8552
firedragon64
firedragon64
159 posts
Nomad

I can't tell the diffrence.... can anyone tell me?

• 19 Replies
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

They taste a little different, one has more citrus than the other. But if you can't tell, then they do taste the same.

WorstSniper
WorstSniper
1,467 posts
Nomad

They taste a little different, one has more citrus than the other. But if you can't tell, then they do taste the same.

I honestly thought they just used the same soda and named it something different.
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,319 posts
Treasurer

If 2 sodas taste the same or very close to the same, they are the same soda made by different companies. Often, these similar-tasting pairs are made by Coke and Pepsi.

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,139 posts
Farmer

Sprite is more unhealthy for you, that's literally about the only difference.

"Sprite was introduced in the United States in 1961. This was Coke's response to the popularity of 7 Up, which had begun as "Lithiated Lemon" in 1929"

Joe96
Joe96
2,226 posts
Peasant

Basically the only difference is the packaging. If you'd look at all the ingredients, I'm betting 90% at least would be the same.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Two different companies.
There's not really much difference in the taste, but the ingredients and "specialties" probably differ between the two.
Either way, doesn't matter to me. I'll drink what I can get.

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

They're fairly similar, though I think 7 Up is a bit sweeter, and Sprite has a bit more carbonation

On an interesting note:

7 Up decided it'd add 15% more Yellow Dye to its packageing, and tested the 'new' product among several groups.

All the groups reported that the drink had more Citrus Flavor, even though it had really stayed the same. The Focus Groups got quite mad, saying that 7 Up was pulling a 'new Coke'. They wanted the 'old' 7 Up.

So what this prooves is that our senses are more interlinked than we thought; sight influnces taste as much as sound and smell.

valkery
valkery
1,255 posts
Nomad

Sprite tastes horrible and seven up doesn't. There is nothing else you need to know.

aknerd
aknerd
1,416 posts
Peasant

One of them is full of carcinogens, and the other cures diabetes. I can never remember which is which though, so I just mix them together.

snowguy13
snowguy13
2,157 posts
Nomad

Sprite and Seven Up are equivalents, reciprocals, whatever you want to call it, of each other. Similar to Coke and Pepsi, Mountain Dew and Mello Yello. However, in each of these relationships, one came first and the other is the copy.

Seven Up came first (1929), then Sprite (1961). Typically, the original tastes better, and I think at one point people generally agreed that Seven Up was better, but Seven Up has since changed its formula. Now, most people (at least that I talk to) enjoy Sprite more.

samabizzle
samabizzle
46 posts
Nomad

I know the difference!
Different name.
Clever eh?

AceofSky
AceofSky
767 posts
Blacksmith

I know the difference!
Different name.
Clever eh?

Other than that perhaps? The taste , bottle design stuff, and I think one of them is more carbonated?
hokzwijn
hokzwijn
511 posts
Peasant

Try drinking them both with a minute to lose the taste of the other one. You'll notice the difference. Not that there is much difference, but there is some.

fransk
fransk
16 posts
Nomad

I think 7up has a hint of fruity flavor

GentlemanClam
GentlemanClam
523 posts
Nomad

They taste the same, they look the same, so I don't know what is different.

Showing 1-15 of 19