ForumsThe TavernWho is a whale fanatic like me??

31 6746
lambybug
lambybug
106 posts
Nomad

I am in love with whales...http://www.thesharkguys.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/orca-and-baby.jpg

they're so cute!
is anyone else as obsessed as me?

• 31 Replies
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

Save the whales; collect the whole set.

I think whales are alright. I prefer any fish that is eatable, and whales are not eatable. Is it clear that I like seafood?

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,319 posts
Treasurer

I prefer any fish that is eatable, and whales are not eatable.

Whales are not fish, and they certainly aren't edible.
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

Whales are not fish, and they certainly aren't edible.

Which further reinforces my point that they are not eatable.
lambybug
lambybug
106 posts
Nomad

yeah it's true that whales are not edible but sadly ppl still hunt them. I might get sick if i saw people eating a whale!

aknerd
aknerd
1,416 posts
Peasant

they certainly aren't edible.

They are, actually... People have been eating whale for centuries.

People like the Inupiats.

Whales are kind of a tragic animal. I mean, they can only breath air, but they live in the water. And the food they eat lives in the water as well. So if they spend too much time at the surface, they starve to death. If they spend too time eating, they drown. So their entire lives are spent in this balance between drowning and starving.

Not to mention when they do surface, they get shot with harpoons.
Graham
Graham
8,051 posts
Nomad

I have watched Whale Wars before and it does have comedic value. Whale Wars is about a conflict between people trying to save whales and people trying to "study" whales when they're really killing them.

I really.. really couldn't figure that out without your help. Thanks bro.
knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

I think I've had whale before.. maybe not. If I did, it wasn't horrible.

Whales are kind of a tragic animal.

Tragic? Hmm.. They do seem somewhat contradictory, but the tragedy lies in their close brush with extinction.

Oh come on, managing the number of animals you kill is good.
lambybug
lambybug
106 posts
Nomad

I guess more people have whale comments than i thought...
Poor whales. Poor, tragic, contradictory, comedic, cute whales.

Valks
Valks
262 posts
Nomad

http://www.mensjournal.com/wp-content/uploads/paulwatsoncropped.jpg

This man, I believe, is at least X9001 more of a whale lover than everyone else here.

PlasmaMan
PlasmaMan
464 posts
Nomad

All I have to say is This If the link works correctly then I have a lot of those.

lambybug
lambybug
106 posts
Nomad

The end of the movie Free Willy Just watch it for the whales, the story is just, ok.

GUMMBAAH
GUMMBAAH
43 posts
Nomad

i love them too soo GOooo whales !!!

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

Whales r cool. I like killer whales or sperm whales. Both have teeth and eat big things. Killer whales eat seals and they get on the beach and grab the seals and grab them and through them around in the air. Painful death. The sperm whale will dive to the bottom of the ocean and eat giant squid. They will attack then and the squid will try to fight back. It's really cool. And both r huge of course since one is eating a GIANT squid. Ya
I'm a little bit more of a jaws fan though until they make a whale week or something lol

Dragonblaze052
Dragonblaze052
26,677 posts
Peasant

Whales are pretty good. Biggest things on Earth, some are pink, some yell at their food to kill it...
Did you know that the Hubble telescope runs on whale oil?

iMogwai
iMogwai
2,027 posts
Peasant

sperm whale? -.-

The sperm whale, Physeter macrocephalus, is a marine mammal species, order Cetacea, a toothed whale (odontocete) having the largest brain of any animal. The name comes from the milky-white waxy substance, spermaceti, found in the animal's head.

It's not something he just made up :P
Showing 16-30 of 31