ForumsThe TavernThe 'unknown'

28 3339
Joe96
Joe96
2,226 posts
Peasant

If you were thinking about cryptids (yeti, chupacabra, etc.) and paranormal when I said 'unknown', I guess that could be included. Mainly, though, this thread is about questions you just randomly thought of and were kind of out there.
I'll start. Basically my question (to start off) is, if you were to magically go down to the middle of the earth, would you feel a change in your bearings? In other words, if you were digging down (right side up), when you got to the core, would you feel like you were right side up or upside down?

• 28 Replies
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

Provided you survived. Realistically, you'd burn up in the mantle long before you reached the core.

Though if the entire earth was solid, then yes, you would feel a change in bearings. Your notion of up/down is based on gravity, and is based on your location to the center of the earth.

My question: Why do people sneeze when they get hit by bright sun light?

VinceNeille
VinceNeille
139 posts
Shepherd

Oh...! I get this thread.

Question: If you were to open a box, a box that I was told not to open, out of suspense and curiosity, would you open the box..?
(Realize that anything could happen...anything!)

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,139 posts
Farmer

I believe t's to do with the light reflex effecting the sneeze reflex. Known as photic sneeze reflex. Although there's too many arguments and no hard evidence.

My question: Apart from dust, why do our eyes get itchy?

Joe96
Joe96
2,226 posts
Peasant

Provided you survived. Realistically, you'd burn up in the mantle long before you reached the core.

Well yeah, that was all hypothetical.
My question: Why do people sneeze when they get hit by bright sun light?

Here's a link to what sounds pretty spot on.
WorstSniper
WorstSniper
1,467 posts
Nomad

Here's a link to what sounds pretty spot on.

Pretty cool because I sneeze (sometimes) near bright light as well.
Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

Its hard to find bright light in a Buddhist temple, but anyway

Question. If one was put in a vast maze that was inhabited by evil beasts that would happily rip you to imperceptible pieces, would one lose your bearings even with the fact you start in the safe centre?

hokzwijn
hokzwijn
511 posts
Peasant

Hey no one answered Jeffersyinspiration's question yet!

I think you can get it when a bug flies into your eye or when you cycle rally hard the wind makes you cry.

Joe96
Joe96
2,226 posts
Peasant

My question: Apart from dust, why do our eyes get itchy?

From my experience at least, the sun and if you keep them open for too long. It's probably because of a reflex or something that you can't control to keep stuff from getting in your eyes.
Question. If one was put in a vast maze that was inhabited by evil beasts that would happily rip you to imperceptible pieces, would one lose your bearings even with the fact you start in the safe centre?

I don't really understand what you're asking. Are you saying the people are trying to escape or they just naturally will wonder off?
hokzwijn
hokzwijn
511 posts
Peasant

If the centre stays safe, I would stay there.
eagle100
eagle100
4 posts
Peasant

Only if the beasts break into the centre.
Question:If a devil captures you and will only let you go if you give him something valuable, will it be a clock, green juice, or a computer?

deathopper
deathopper
1,564 posts
Nomad

Question: Vegetarians eat fruit and veggies because they think tat eating animals are cruel 'cauz they're alive. Well last time I checked plants are living beings to. So aren't vegetarians sort of contradicting themselves?

dair5
dair5
3,371 posts
Shepherd

Not really, because we can't tell if plants can feel like us. But we know that animals can, so by eating plants you don't support the hurting of animals.

deathopper
deathopper
1,564 posts
Nomad

According to this site plants can feel pain and other emotions.

xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,710 posts
Blacksmith

Question:If a devil captures you and will only let you go if you give him something valuable, will it be a clock, green juice, or a computer?

i thought the devil wanted my soul? nevermind, i would give him green juice.

would you catch the yeti if you could?

Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,061 posts
Jester

Plants can't feel pain, they lack the necessary nervous system, however they do react when plucked/trimmed/etc.

would you catch the yeti if you could?

Going by the popular theory that it avoids civilization and therefore is rather peaceful, no. Like all animals it deserves to roam free in it's own habitat. If it was attacking humans regularly that's a whole another story.

Is there anything you would sell your soul for? (Provided you believe in the existence of a soul of course.)
Showing 1-15 of 28