ForumsThe TavernHas your house caught on or almost caught on fire?

28 3949
daniel5533
daniel5533
160 posts
Nomad

Me? Yes, today i found out that my sister can't cook

• 28 Replies
GentlemanClam
GentlemanClam
523 posts
Nomad

Well not really, but my grandma almost burned Tacos. Other than that, we're a pretty safe family. Heh.

Graham
Graham
8,051 posts
Nomad

No. Our smoke alarms are more like cooking alarms.

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

I've caught on fire before. Or my sleeve did anyways.

On a side note, messing around with bug spray and zippo lighters is always bad, no matter what your friends did.

VinceNeille
VinceNeille
139 posts
Shepherd

Unfortunately for me and the family, as a youngster, I've done some pretty stupid things in my life. To actually post makes me feel extremely bad about ALL the mistakes I've made.
But that is the past and now, I'm a great artist, gamer, and I make the best cereal in history.

Just out of boredom, I've actually grabbed a napkin, (might be the weakest kind of paper in the world) and set it just above a candle. The aim was to see if the napkin would make a slight hole in it all from the smoke...It was a complete fail.

-Note: I was only 5 and it completely curious about some things; as are all toddlers.

This completely goes against my last quote on my profile...I think I'm going to change it.

Sheppard007
Sheppard007
237 posts
Nomad

No. Our smoke alarms are more like cooking alarms.

Haha. Same here. A bunch of times my mom forgets to turn on the vent fan and we end up opening the doors and fanning the alarms.
RainbowGoGangster3
RainbowGoGangster3
529 posts
Nomad

haha me and my sister were home alone and she was trying 2 cook a bagle in an oven and she put something on it but we forgot about it and when we rememberd it was on fire so she got the oven mit which also caught on fire then i got some sink hose thing and we stopped it ( my parents dont know about it )

Cranium80
Cranium80
489 posts
Shepherd

no, my house has never been on fire.

eatmydust166
eatmydust166
923 posts
Peasant

Yes, I live in an apartment and I used to have this neighbor. She was constantly setting things on fire, really stupid things. Suprisenly she never set my whole building up in flames. Set her dryer, bed, fridge, napkins, son, and carpet on fire. Those are only the ones I know about. So with smoke alarms going off constantly, I spent ALOT of time outside O_o

aknerd
aknerd
1,416 posts
Peasant

My house is actually made of fire. We have water alarms, to make sure our home isn't extinguished. It's quite cozy in the winter, and we never have to worry about pests. On the downside, I always smell like smoke. I don't mind that so much, but the odor can be a little off-putting to some people.

So, I guess my answer would be "yes".

Microe
Microe
842 posts
Nomad

My mom burnt half the house(Literally) making chicken nuggets.

The kids had both the tv's at max and she was in their room, then she had the nuggets on a skillet. She left them there and went to check on the kids. She caught up on a cartoon. I was coming home from school and I saw smoke coming from my house and a fire truck. Thank god everyone was safe.

master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

The closest my family has been was probably a few years ago, I was cooking and i accidentally lit a towel on fire. I just threw it into the sink and put it out quickly.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Last year, when I put some fries in the oven. The oven nearly caught on fire, but I put it out with water.

GentlemanClam
GentlemanClam
523 posts
Nomad

Set her dryer, bed, fridge, napkins, son, and carpet on fire

Heh wow, does she have mental problems or what?
Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,139 posts
Farmer

My brothers friend set his house on fire but i'm lucky enough to never have this happen in my home.

WorstSniper
WorstSniper
1,467 posts
Nomad

Accidentally left microwave running for like 20 minutes and then it started to smoke. I didn't realize until I heard the alarm. -Facepalm-

Showing 1-15 of 28