ForumsThe TavernWhat if...

34 4372
bravehawk204
bravehawk204
349 posts
Nomad

How would your life be without electronics.

• 34 Replies
GentlemanClam
GentlemanClam
523 posts
Nomad

I once went nine days without power because of hurricane Ike, and I almost cracked. But I've stopped habits before so I'll get used to it after awhile I guess.

Sheppard007
Sheppard007
237 posts
Nomad

Not that bad really, I'd probably just read a couple books.

Koru7
Koru7
1,405 posts
Nomad

I would probably die. just kidding. It would be okay if it was for maybe like a month. I would find something to do. but not for my whole life. Do you also mean appliances? if that's it then i would die.

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,438 posts
Jester

It'd be kind of annoying at first with no lights and such, but you'd get used to it.

idontsuckthatmuch
idontsuckthatmuch
2,261 posts
Nomad

Well, there would be no AG, first of all. That alone would be life-crushing. ;D

Well, it would be kind of boring, and the world would pretty much lose communication with one another. But I would be fine, since I'd just read a bunch of books.

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,438 posts
Jester

@idontsuckthatmuch
Oh crap! I forgot about that!
*EMP goes off*
*kills self*

ATCaver
ATCaver
69 posts
Peasant

Personally, I read much more than I use electronics. But the worst part would be the loss of Left 4 Dead co-op and CoD: Black Ops zombies co-op. *Shudder*

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,139 posts
Farmer

If i'd never been introduced to electronics of course i could live without. Now though? I'd go crazy.

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

Electronics are important.. for more than video games.

I suppose if they were never invented, we would be fine. If electronics suddenly failed to work en masse, I bet the world would be in limbo for a while..

And then all would be fine.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

The OP is vague. I don't know whether he's talking about electronics in my room, house, or all electronics in the world. Well, for the ones in my room, I could live without 'em. Not sure about the other two, though.

vinster132
vinster132
5,875 posts
Jester

I'm kind of half-half on the dying because I don't have electronics thing. Looking through my room:

Without T.V.: No entertainment.
Computer: No fun/games/chatting with friends/ etc.
PS3: No more fun.
Lights: I gotta see man.

Things that counters those things:

Books, paper (drawing, writing a story, diary, etc.), instruments (take time to play a song). and so on.

Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

If I were to suddenly lose all electronics. I think I'd find it hard to cope for a few (ashamed to say this) months. Then my life would undoubtedly improve a great deal as I'd be more physically active, and using all my time either in books or the real world.

vontje
vontje
866 posts
Nomad

It would be really hard for me without electronics, because i can't talk with friends, can't search for stuff that help with my homework and ofcourse there's a lot of fun things to do with electronics. I think i couldn't handle it for very long, because boredom would come when i spent every day reading/sporting etc.

TRUdog
TRUdog
1,031 posts
Nomad

If I were to suddenly lose all electronics. I think I'd find it hard to cope for a few (ashamed to say this) months. Then my life would undoubtedly improve a great deal as I'd be more physically active, and using all my time either in books or the real world.

Couldn't agree more, Efan.

I've always pondered this question. I guess since I would have nothing to do inside, I would pretty much be outside alot. Also, I would be with friends more.
I guess in the long run, it greatly benefits me.
Keyara
Keyara
370 posts
Nomad

I wouldn't really care. Electronics are nice but I don't need them. I could do a lot of other things anyway. I could play my trumpet, draw, nap, read a book or, play a board game. Plus, I'd be to busy trying to survive to worry about no electronics.

Showing 1-15 of 34