ForumsThe TavernCalories

18 3084
Haku1234567890
Haku1234567890
1,720 posts
Nomad

Can anyone explain how calories work, I need to eat 2500 Calories a day (calculated) and an Average tomato is about 25 Calories, does that mean I could eat 100 Tomatoes trough whole day (just example, I know its not healthy to eat same thing for all meals) and be good..

• 18 Replies
aknerd
aknerd
1,416 posts
Peasant

Look on the nutrition information of whatever you eat. It has calories right there.

Unless... you know, you cook your own food. People still do that, right?

I only ever check calories when I'm 1) bored or 2) worried that I might be eating diet food. I detest low calorie food, because I'm somewhat low on cash, and I need to get the most calories per dollar that I can.

That's why I love Greek yogurt... I can buy it in bulk, and it has a ton of protein, and not excessive fat/sugar.

If you really want to eat 1,000 of something, try rice.
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,438 posts
Jester

That's why I love Greek yogurt... I can buy it in bulk, and it has a ton of protein, and not excessive fat/sugar.

I get LIBERTE Greek-style yogurt. The best yogurt I've ever had. It's amazing! Except it has about half of your daily Saturated Fat in one 6oz cup. It's a few cents more than other Greek-style yogurts, but it's worth it.

Here's the Nutrition Facts:

Valks
Valks
262 posts
Nomad

Calories are simply the energy content in food. They're what keep you going. Your body uses them to create energy, and stores the rest for later.

Showing 16-18 of 18