ForumsWEPRSuicide

262 71620
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

Is it ever acceptable?
Is it cowardice or a cry for help?
Some cultures accepted it as something of honor (namely the Japanese military in WWII). Others condemned it (namely the ancient Spartans).
Share your thoughts and opinions here.

• 262 Replies
Moe
Moe
1,715 posts
Blacksmith
Zamiel
Zamiel
175 posts
Nomad

Amen on that forger , dust to dust , that's all there is to it.

Deathless950
Deathless950
1,943 posts
Nomad

Suicide is the act of supreme selfishness

inferedmonkey
inferedmonkey
942 posts
Peasant

Please don't listen to macfan1 he has no idea what hes talking about.

thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,825 posts
Nomad

No matter how Shi tty life gets
it does not deserve to be ended
Those who end it are stupid in my opinion
(And yes one of my friend killed himself over some girl)

xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,711 posts
Blacksmith

dont throw your life away just because it is hard. the life is too short to get angry about everything. imagine a world where everyone uses swear words just because someone looked at them or did/said something wrong.

killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

acceptable could mean alot of things.suicide, even though ending ones life can save them.although a brighter future might happen for them the person still has hell to go through.that person will have the past to haunt them about their future.
cowardice????? no, not in the slightest, it is the bravest thing that anyone could ever do. they are taking the chance of somthing better after their horriblel life. that takes courage to take that chance.
people who commit suicide have contemplated it through a extreme extent. people who commit suicide don't just do it because they feel like it or because somthing bad happened. people who commit suicide truly have nothing left.

suicide is nothing to joke about,it is the full depression of a human finally breaking loose. it can be both the smartest thing anybody has ever done, and it could be the dumbest. some people are able to find hope,they are the lucky ones.the ones that are not able to find it however have a much harder time than anyone can ever imagine. no matter what anybody can say or do they can not compare anything to the deppression it takes to commit suicide. deppression is what leads to suicide, it is the hell before hell.

never joke about deppresion,killersup thinks that it all.

zakyman
zakyman
1,631 posts
Peasant

Those who end it are stupid in my opinion

You are heartless if you think this is the case. Have you ever been bullied to the point where you cannot stand it anymore? When all the adults promise to step in and they don't? Have you ever been made fun of because of your religion, have you ever been made fun of because people think you're gay? Have you ever been made fun of for being the new kid in school, and have no one to turn to? And again, after turning to all available options, no one steps in to help? Until you have experienced this, never, and I mean never, call anyone stupid for committing suicide. You have not been in their shoes. You do not know the psychological or physical damage that has been done to them. You do not know their situation at home, you do not know how they are treated at school, you do not know if they have a single friend whom they can trust. DO NOT JUDGE OTHERS FOR COMMITTING SUICIDE! I HAVE NEARLY BEEN TO THAT POINT AND IT CAN SEEM LIKE THE ONLY WAY OUT!

The only thing that stopped me was thinking of my family and, thankfully, the friends and teacher that I could turn to. My bullying situation was not handled well, and it almost had dire consequences. I am glad that I did not kill myself, however I was EXTREMELY depressed at the height of the bullying. Again, do not judge others until you know their full situation.
killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

DO NOT JUDGE OTHERS FOR COMMITTING SUICIDE! I HAVE NEARLY BEEN TO THAT POINT AND IT CAN SEEM LIKE THE ONLY WAY OUT!
The only thing that stopped me was thinking of my family and, thankfully, the friends and teacher that I could turn to

killersup did not have the friends, teachers,family to turn to. killersup attempted it, but it failed. it is a extremly long story though that shall stay with killersup.

zak got it about right......never gudge,never think that you had it worse.
thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,825 posts
Nomad

. Have you ever been bullied to the point where you cannot stand it anymore?

Yes, and I broke the bully's teeth.
When all the adults promise to step in and they don't?

Yes, that is why I did it.
Have you ever been made fun of because of your religion

Yes, and when such situation arises I say if other person is done if answer is yes than I say something very very horrible about that person which really angers him.So, troll gets trolled.
, have you ever been made fun of because people think you're gay?

I ain't gay are u?
And again, after turning to all available options, no one steps in to help?

Then I help myself.
You do not know the psychological or physical damage that has been done to them.

I don't but I do know what damage was done to me.
you do not know if they have a single friend whom they can trust

At my first year, I could not make a friend so, I bought one.
A big guy, I used to do pay him lil bit and he used to beat bullies for me.
Than I made a group with other kids who were being bullied and one day we beat the crap out of bullies.
killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

well,mister punisher it sounds to killersup like you are the bully.

thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,825 posts
Nomad

well,mister punisher it sounds to killersup like you are the bully.

No I didn't bully anyone but if someone messed with me, or any other person from our group we made his life hell.
partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

No I didn't bully anyone but if someone messed with me, or any other person from our group we made his life hell.

messing whit someone << making someone's life a hell.

it all i have to say.
Avorne
Avorne
3,087 posts
Nomad

It's gotta be said, there's a difference between standing up for yourself, and 'making someones life hell'. Punisher and his friends sound more like a gang of bullies than a group of friends that stick up for each other.

Also, you seem to be under the impression that everyone can just stand up for themselves and deal with bullies, I can assure you that this is far from true.

nomoreheroes23
nomoreheroes23
75 posts
Nomad

[quote] Those who end it are stupid in my opinion.
I agree with this one.
With various reasons....
1:Why would you live for years,build your life for years,only to end it knowing that the one that killed you is yourself...
2epression is a mental condition,if you cannot control yourself,you`re a weakling.
3:The strong people are the ones that lived on through life,strongly.Some who lost their parents at a young age,some that got hurt not on their own.Drug addicts,criminals,shall I say "Sinners",those are the ones that destroyed their own life,thus getting me back on "Those who can`t control themselves a.k.a. weaklings".
3:The Jappanese on the other hand....Well,the "Honor" sucides I actually cannot explain....I don`t know how to...That remains a mystery to me...and,honestly,it forever will...

Showing 106-120 of 262