ForumsNews and FeedbackAG3 Beta changes, no beta release (or invite codes today)

20 7961
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Hey all,

We're wrapping up AG3 over the coming weeks and will be getting ready to roll out an open public beta.

As such, we have it on our to-do list to close the beta site from new signups. Not sure when exactly this change to the signup page will occur, but it'll be "soon".

Those who have signed up since the last beta release on June 14th may not get an invite code. There's nothing new releasing today, and with open beta around the corner, there's not much new we can expect in the way of feedback that you awesome folks have already provided.

The open public beta will look and act differently than the closed beta, but that's all I can share at this time.

No specific date is set for public beta.

Feel free to leave comments if you want. Can't guarantee I'll respond much, busy finishing my workload for the beta launch.

• 20 Replies
Koru7
Koru7
1,408 posts
Nomad

Awe, I was so excited to contribute to AGv3. Now I have no accomplishment as to that I helped build up Armorgames 3.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Well, shoulda signed up sooner ;o)

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

The open public beta will look and act differently than the closed beta, but that's all I can share at this time.

I like how we don't know how everything is going to be yet - makes it more exciting !

Good luck with the rest of the development !
thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

[quote]I like how we don't know how everything is going to be yet - makes it more exciting !
[/quote]

Exactly how I feel! It's gonna be awesome!
Ghgt99
Ghgt99
1,894 posts
Nomad

Well, shoulda signed up sooner ;o)

Aw corymn, you so mean. ;P

I am really excited for the open beta. I hope to be a duke before AG3 so I get more legacy points. =)
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

There won't be "legacy points". You'll get legacy Achievements which won't have points attached to them. I've discussed this several times recently.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

And it only took....tomorrow@8:00EST will officially be eight total months of AG3 beta. That's impressive right there. How many legit beta testers have signed up again? I'm thinking at least ~5,000, right? Anyway...what a trip!

Ghgt99
Ghgt99
1,894 posts
Nomad

And it only took....tomorrow@8:00EST will officially be eight total months of AG3 beta.

I signed up in December. Wow. I can't believe I was waiting for Dec 14. It was so long ago. =P
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

I'm thinking at least ~5,000, right?

I'd say somewhere around 2000-3000.

Well, no worries. I can't wait until it's in open beta!
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Way off, we've had just shy of 1600 users sign up.

bluedevil
bluedevil
542 posts
Nomad

I signed up for the beta during the second release. I really don't like the new Ag3, maybe its the fact that I have been with Ag2 for a little over 3 years and I don't think i'm ready to give it up yet. I'm sure i'll come around eventually. I liked how Ag2 was simple, how it was unique from websites like Kongregate and NewGrounds. With Ag, it seems like any other flash site you find on google, or like Kongregate and NewGrounds. I feel like i'm the only one who signed up that didn't like Ag3 very much. Don't get me wrong, i'm glad Ag is finally moving forward to better compete with other flash game sites.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

bluedevil, part of being in the beta is giving us feedback on exactly what you don't like. Start submitting ideas and thoughts on Get Satisfaction for us. Be specific, don't just say "I really don't like it".

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

The ship is finally seeing it's port of calling now huh?! GREAT! =D

It's been a long way from first Closed Beta testing to Public Open Beta and I'm really excited to see the final result of this huge overhaul on this great gaming website! =)

Sorry to have been under the radar for the last couple of months there cormyn... I've only recently become a little more active again (as you can see from the bug reports in GetSat recently), but I'm hoping to become more active from now on!

Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,062 posts
Jester

In my case it's just that my internet is too slow to load the beta site, which is rather pathetic.

It's amazing that we're reaching open beta, do you have an idea as to how long the open beta is going to last?

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

The open beta will last "as long as it takes" to find and squish bugs and to make the site run in a fast, efficient and optimized manner. It could be weeks or months.

Showing 1-15 of 20