ForumsThe TavernHot Beverages ;o

61 6677
Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,139 posts
Farmer

Everyone has their preference:

Tea, Coffee, Hot Chocolate, Something else?

Personally, i cannot live without coffee.

• 61 Replies
Turtelman1234
Turtelman1234
2,911 posts
Nomad

I'm not a big fan of coffee, but the Cappiccino that my school will sell in the mornings is pretty amazing. Just make sure to wait a good 5 minutes unless you want 3rd degree burns in your mouth.

Eli1010
Eli1010
272 posts
Nomad

i like them all there all sooooooooooooo good

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

I think it is just a southern US thing. I've maybe tasted that kind 1 or 2 times in my life.

You, sir, have not lived! Sweet Tea is devine. Bojangles and McDonalds have the best Sweet Tea avaliable without having a grandmother make it herself. Couple it with some cold cornbread, and you have yourself a pretty good snack.
idontsuckthatmuch
idontsuckthatmuch
2,261 posts
Nomad

Say, Mav, you got any secret recipes for sweet tea you'd like to share?

As a Westerner myself, you're making my life seem incomplete.

Sonatavarius
Sonatavarius
1,322 posts
Farmer

Lol, I meant that I've maybe tasted the kind of tea that Jeff/Shona drinks once or twice in my life. (or something similar... hot tea in general is what I'm getting at)

I prefer the Red Diamond brand... or McCalister's sweet tea (may've misspelled that)

We usually make our own here at home :P

PlasmaMan
PlasmaMan
464 posts
Nomad

Has anybody noticed that most of the hot drinks here work perfectly fine cold?

Coffee=Iced coffee
Hot Chocolate=chocolate milk
Hot tea= iced tea
etc...

See!

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,139 posts
Farmer

Lol, I meant that I've maybe tasted the kind of tea that Jeff/Shona drinks once or twice in my life. (or something similar... hot tea in general is what I'm getting at)

Us tea is very different to ours - when i ordered it in Maine the woman was like "Ew, yous drink it like that"

We have a tea bag, boiling water (Add sugar if you like), then add milk, take out the tea bag after making it as strong as you want.
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

I prefer the Red Diamond brand... or McCalister's sweet tea (may've misspelled that)

Haven't had Red Diamond. If you mean McAllister's Deli's Sweet Tea, thats pretty good too, though Bojangles is the best.

You can't go wrong with Arizona Tea's Sweet Tea, though its not the greatest. They have good Arnold Palmers though.

And its still not the same unless you have an 80 year old Southern Grandmother in the kitchen making it.
GentlemanClam
GentlemanClam
523 posts
Nomad

Hot Chocolate with a big marshmallow is the best.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

I don't drink hot beverages. Ever.

Unless it's an unopened Dr Pepper that's been sitting in the car for a couple hours.

aknerd
aknerd
1,416 posts
Peasant

We have a tea bag, boiling water (Add sugar if you like), then add milk, take out the tea bag after making it as strong as you want.

Psshh. Tea bags... it all about the loose leaf. Tea bags are just wasteful. I can make one pot of tea using loose leaf (green tea, of course), and just keep using that pot all day, and sometimes the next day as well. AND you can share the same pot with all your friends. Personally, I don't like to put anything in my tea. That's probably because I drink green tea for the most part, which is naturally amazing. Black tea is great too (especially Earl Grey), and I guess it's more acceptable to add things to it as well.

when i ordered it in Maine the woman was like "Ew, yous drink it like that"

Really? Because I go to school in Maine and literally everyone I know drinks like 10 cups a day. Hot tea is pretty big in New England. In case you don't remember, they actually fought a war because they didn't want to have to pay a tax on their precious tea.
Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,139 posts
Farmer

when i ordered it in Maine the woman was like "Ew, yous drink it like that"

Really? Because I go to school in Maine and literally everyone I know drinks like 10 cups a day. Hot tea is pretty big in New England. In case you don't remember, they actually fought a war because they didn't want to have to pay a tax on their precious tea.

Yes, but when she heard how i wanted it made, she was like "Lulz, whut" because they make it different.

Plus loose leaf makes the tea very weak.
loloynage2
loloynage2
4,206 posts
Peasant

I love home made hot chocolate with an ice cube in it hot and cold sensation ftw!

idontsuckthatmuch
idontsuckthatmuch
2,261 posts
Nomad

I love home made hot chocolate with an ice cube in it hot and cold sensation ftw!

Hot and cold at the same time? What kind of black magic is this?
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

[quote]Hot and cold at the same time? What kind of black magic is this?
[/quote]

Aw, you divided by zero, didn't you?
Showing 16-30 of 61