ForumsProgramming ForumMy AS3 progress :D

48 22346
Carlytoon
Carlytoon
324 posts
Nomad

Hi
I wanna show you my progress in the game programming in AS3, I have a blog where I show my progress and the SFW (flash movie) proving my progress.
Here is the blog (sorry is in spanish):
http://miprogramacionenas3.blogspot.com/

Well, i really want constructive commnents, you can do the comments here or in the blog. I really want a review of my knowledge in the AS3, you can tell me if I have a poor knowledge or a little good knowledge.

• 48 Replies
Carlytoon
Carlytoon
324 posts
Nomad

I appreciate your comment KyahcoSukaimasutae, especially because you took the time to see each of my games, thanks

And thanks for tell me the laptop bug ;D

any on every think that ship looks like a bubble tank! lol!

Actually, I love to play bubble tanks, and I created the player based on that
KyahcoSukaimasutae
KyahcoSukaimasutae
311 posts
Nomad

your welcome alwas glad to help a fellow programer! but keep us posted i like you progress so far! what are ya learnig from?

buble tanks is AWsome (i know a lot who hate it though...

but that bug is the worst bug in history i think! i hate it i biuld a whole game on the arrow keys and the space bar to fine out that the was a bug on it an it messed it all up!! i learned that in my Game Maker days (they where not nice about it... don't ask...)

Carlytoon
Carlytoon
324 posts
Nomad

your welcome alwas glad to help a fellow programer! but keep us posted i like you progress so far!

Thanks I really apreciate your comment so much, and I working in my first simple game in flash, I might take a few days to finish it, I gonna post it in a new entry when I finish it

what are ya learnig from?

Well I learned from my self and some tutorials from the web, but I wrote the code by my own and I like to learn new stuff, analize it, and know how it works
Carlytoon
Carlytoon
324 posts
Nomad

Hello
New entry, check it out!

My fist flash game http://miprogramacionenas3.blogspot.com/

Constructive commnents are welcome, you can do the comments here or in the blog, enjoy.

Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

Nice game, perhaps something like this could be a nother game your interested in

Carlytoon
Carlytoon
324 posts
Nomad

Nice game, perhaps something like this could be a nother game your interested in

Wow, that game uses really complex physics (for me), but Im working in a platform game, right now im creating a place_meeting function like game maker in AS3, anyway, thanks for you attention
KyahcoSukaimasutae
KyahcoSukaimasutae
311 posts
Nomad

nice dude! your geting far! that nukeoid game is a little complex yet... plus its to easy realy...

but carlytoon are you using a code library? like flixel or flashpunk? it helps and is not consider "cheating if you could do it your self but it make it less time consuming and easyer! like instead of haveing to do all that event programing stuff you can just import the code and put

if(Input.Check(Key.LEFT)
{
x-= 5
}
(that is for flashpunk)

and it's free and they both have GREAT suport i have never see some one complanie about dum questions or any thing they give seves with a smile!(even if it is a AS3 only problem and it has nothing to di with they library...).

hmm place_meeting? i don't remeber (sorry i hate GM i gave up early with programing in it be cuz of the people...)

Carlytoon
Carlytoon
324 posts
Nomad

but carlytoon are you using a code library? like flixel or flashpunk? it helps and is not consider "cheating if you could do it your self but it make it less time consuming and easyer!

Wow, I just saw how flixel works and I need to say that is amazing, flixel make everithing easier, but I want to learn how to make customs functions to make more complicated ones.

But using a library is not a bad idea, I should use one in my new protoypes

Thanks for your comment KyahcoSukaimasutae
Carlytoon
Carlytoon
324 posts
Nomad

but carlytoon are you using a code library?

Ups, I forgive to answer your question. Well, no I dint use a library :3
KyahcoSukaimasutae
KyahcoSukaimasutae
311 posts
Nomad

Ah flixel is realy better but I have not og it to download to my computer till not to long ago so I have not used it a lot, but flashpunk is based of of flixel
So it will be easy to look though the docs a figure it all out...
But a good library is makes a differnce from weaks of time to a weak and gives you time to add more feutures to your games, plus a forum to help yah out a bit, but I recomend learning how it all works and not limiting your self to only being able to program with the code library, but hope the libaray helps!

But how are you in spriting? I sugest going to the flash dojo (theirs a link to it on flixel in the help section, it is made by flixel and flashpunk it has great help there) and looking at the graphic help there, he explaned the basic tricks of the trade realy well! Like the red,blue tricks and placement tricks mostly, but helpfull. Also what do you use as your graphics editor? I use paint (simple but good) and used to have paintshop pro but lost it... Big oops(good thing some one gave it to me for free)... but now I use GIMP 2, it is a great program with nice layer,channaling, and such suport. Plus it free that alwasy good! I would say it is almost just as good as paintshop pro but with an easyer user interface, it does not lack a thing for spriting I just made some thing with it to day and it was great!

Well see ya round and good luck!

Carlytoon
Carlytoon
324 posts
Nomad

Hello ^o^
I post a new entry, check it out

Basic Level Editor
http://miprogramacionenas3.blogspot.com/

Comment here or in the blog, enjoy!

WhiskeyedJack
WhiskeyedJack
80 posts
Shepherd

Looks like things are coming along good. I'm interested to see what you end up using that editor for. I'll have to make sure to check in on your blog from time to time. (Plus it gives me an excuse to brush up on my Spanish.)

Carlytoon
Carlytoon
324 posts
Nomad

I'm interested to see what you end up using that editor for.

Well, actually Im working in the level editor for the level design in my possible future game that Im working right now, but I dont know if I will be able to complete the game because I gonna return to classes soon. Thanks for the comment
KyahcoSukaimasutae
KyahcoSukaimasutae
311 posts
Nomad

Hmm level editor mind if I ask which one,( I can't use flash on this phone) is it ogmo? It just went open sorce! Or I use some times DAME level editer you can find it on the flash dojo. It is very advanced to! The site and stuff is weird and freaky but I got it from GitHub and used the flash dojo tutorails ot figure out.

But I'll try to see your recent post later when I have a computer that can do it... dumb android!!

But I hope to get a game out this month...!

Carlytoon
Carlytoon
324 posts
Nomad

But I hope to get a game out this month...!

I hope that to XD, but I will need more time because the school homeworks gonna start soon and the stupid homework wastes my time of game develop D:
Showing 16-30 of 48