ForumsProgramming ForumMy AS3 progress :D

48 22331
Carlytoon
Carlytoon
324 posts
Nomad

Hi
I wanna show you my progress in the game programming in AS3, I have a blog where I show my progress and the SFW (flash movie) proving my progress.
Here is the blog (sorry is in spanish):
http://miprogramacionenas3.blogspot.com/

Well, i really want constructive commnents, you can do the comments here or in the blog. I really want a review of my knowledge in the AS3, you can tell me if I have a poor knowledge or a little good knowledge.

• 48 Replies
KyahcoSukaimasutae
KyahcoSukaimasutae
311 posts
Nomad

yah i understand dude with traveling i have a lak of elcetiricety...

but how are you going to use that level editors code for your levels? got any export coding? i have been trying to get a good level editor i use Dame (which i figured out is Deadly Alien Map Editor) but i hate having to do exports that are not strictly AS3 and are XML or something wierd, but this idea would be lovely!

hmm my mind is ticking..... i want to make a level with moveable tiles... hmm well i posted on flashpunk maybe the can help me...

well see ya round Toony! (is it ok if i call ya Toony?)

Carlytoon
Carlytoon
324 posts
Nomad

but how are you going to use that level editors code for your levels? got any export coding?

Actually I just gonna trace the level code in the flash output, I just copy and paste the output code in the compiler, for now I dont have in mind export the level code

well see ya round Toony! (is it ok if i call ya Toony?)

Yes, dont worry Kyahco

Thanks for the comment.
KyahcoSukaimasutae
KyahcoSukaimasutae
311 posts
Nomad

hey toony how did you embed your game in to your blogger i have been searching for hours and i'm starting to go crazy!!! i have seen every last turorail every last html xml so on embed code out there!!! i have finaly got it to show a white blank file! ARGHHHHH! i am using flashdevelop i copyed the file from the bin folder then uplaoded it to skydrive(i have to make a account i don't like windows live...) then i opened skydrives opensorce and look though th pages off meanless html, finaly just put in "download" in the find and got to the http that was not a link to the page but to the real file! then got a embed code and put all that stuff in and walla got de white box of madness!!!

please help!!! sorry for being off topic here but you did not replie to your profile. please help toony!

Carlytoon
Carlytoon
324 posts
Nomad

Hello to all my followers (I hope to have them), sorry for dont post any new entry, but I need to tell you that Im working in a flash game that I expect that many people like it. I will programm the game and my brother (he is a graphic designer) will make the graphics. I expect that in 2 months we just gonna finish the game, for now I cant show any important progress (sorry), but if we make a important advance maybe I will post it in a new topic (I dont know if in programming or art and music forums). I hope that you enjoy the news

kingofwar1234
kingofwar1234
605 posts
Peasant

A simple, yet entertaining game... It would be usefull if you could add more challenging levels, and well more....

Also there should be like an achievments thing like: hit a 100 of those things or hit 200-500... or play a total of 1 hour... needs to be a bit more creative, but its a good game

Carlytoon
Carlytoon
324 posts
Nomad

kingofwar1234, My idea was to made a simple mini game without a lot of features and show my programming progress, but I understand you point, but if I finish the game that Im actually working right now maybe I make a better version of the atom game with the features that you tell me

Thanks for comment, really apreciated

kingofwar1234
kingofwar1234
605 posts
Peasant

Oh and another thing that would probably make the game more interesting... I noticed that the music gets more interesting as you go farther into the song... so maybe you don't stop it, because, when you finish or fail a level(which happens often) the music stops and it becomes boring... It would be a lot more fun if the music kept on going...

KyahcoSukaimasutae
KyahcoSukaimasutae
311 posts
Nomad

well toony you seem to be doing good! i think the best thing for your "atomz" game is to make it so and engeine makes the levels, so you set up some varibalies like how many atomz there are and how many you have to get and random placement and then make the level engeine edit these vars in a flowidic but not constant (meaning dodn't just add 5 more atomz and 5 more needed ever level set up a rendomizing system so that some times it may not update the amount of atomz by 5 instead mybe by 1 and update the needed amout by 6, to make a challenge or some thing, that is just an example but something of the sort, so that you can have unlimited number of levels but not have to make them! just an idea...

but your bro is a graphic designer? hey i am a spriter, i mean i will do graphics in genral but i have no training, so if you say more than a spriter every one wants you to design for them and i have been down that cerditless aly of hopleesness that is why i program! i could not stand those devs stealing my sprites... sorry off topic...

any who i can't wait to see what you develop! it is a lot easyer to have a graphics helper (i do it myself and spend a lot of preshus time on it...)! hope the best of luck i hope i can get mine out soon... give us a hint is it a platformer a top down or an arcade or such?

Carlytoon
Carlytoon
324 posts
Nomad

give us a hint is it a platformer a top down or an arcade or such?

Okay, its a platformer XD
ExplosionsHurt
ExplosionsHurt
249 posts
Nomad

Carlytoon,

How did you handle the collisons in the This?

I've been trying to figure out how to do that for ages...

Carlytoon
Carlytoon
324 posts
Nomad

Well, is just a collision illusion, I manage to do that checking if the bullet pass a given axis value for example:
if(bullet.x>240){
//Do something;
}
if(bullet.y>someValue){
//Do something;
}

but if want to know how to do tile collision just ask me

Carlytoon
Carlytoon
324 posts
Nomad

It was a long time since my last post, if somebdy here is still interesed in this i have pretty good news, I build a scrolling engine for platformer games with big levels, go here for mor information:
http://miprogramacionenas3.blogspot.com/2011/12/tile-scrolling-engine.html

Feel free to comment here or in the blog.

akeman64
akeman64
53 posts
Peasant

it's kind of cool, and i liek what your doing. just a bit confused

bigbubba99
bigbubba99
24 posts
Nomad

You are really good! we should get together and make a game

Carlytoon
Carlytoon
324 posts
Nomad

You are really good! we should get together and make a game

I'm currently very busy. I'm trying to improve my programming skills, I'm learning C# and I'm also try to learn how to use XNA Studio.

And I'm planning to create my own game library in AS3 like Flixel.

Anyway, thanks a lot for the comment
Showing 31-45 of 48