ForumsWEPRthree guys, one hammer- internet censorship

32 9403
thepyro222
thepyro222
2,151 posts
Peasant

I recently was led to this video in the depths of the internet, which I will NOT link, called "three guys one hammer". It is a brutal home- shot video of three teens from an Eastern European country brutally beating a man to death with a hammer, and stabbing him repeatedly with a screwdriver in the stomach and face.
After watching this horrifying video, I am truly... scared. My head hurts, trying to figure out how someone can do that to another human being, and I almost vomited. This leads me to a very hard point. We need to stop videos like this from being on the internet. I discovered it by accident. I don't want to know the sick F#$% that's going to intentionally find this video to watch it, and they shouldn't.
The whole story is three teens, all the age of 19, that go on a thrill- killing rampage that lasted one month, and 21 victims. Including a pregnant woman, men, and children. The pregnant woman was eviscerated and the dead fetus sent to her father's doorstep.
Fortunately, those PSYCHOS were caught and sentenced for murder. The explanation bringing me to this: We should not allow videos like this to continue circling the internet. There needs to be some form of censorship that takes stuff like that down. I've seen other similar videos of war crimes, and those have affected me just as much. These videos need to be erased from the internet. NOW

• 32 Replies
Turtelman1234
Turtelman1234
2,914 posts
Nomad

the FBI will track them down and bring them to court.

And in some severe cases, we wait about 70-80 years until the person who commited the crime is brought the justice deserved.
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

In order to preserve our double-edged sword of freedom of media, we must allow both the ethical and unethical be brought unto the web. Otherwise, state and federal supreme courts would use past judgements on censorship to make future judgements on cases that may or may not be less "insane", for lack of better term. If we wish to preserve our media freedoms, then we must accept both the good and the bad. Kinda like how we accept both standard religious marches along with, gods forbid, the Westboro Baptist Church.

Turtelman1234
Turtelman1234
2,914 posts
Nomad

I wonder what is inside their head when they decide to brutally murder an innocent guy with a hammer and a screwdriver.

That's not the only thing they did. I heard that they also took video of them cutting open a pregnant woman and either smashing or cutting up the fetus. They also would use cats like pinatas.
dair5
dair5
3,379 posts
Shepherd

I wonder what happens to people like this. Are they all killed, or do they go through rehab. It's really terrible that they do these things but I think it would be even worse if we just killed off every person who are like this. I hope they studied what makes people do this so they can understand it's wrong and can be regular people.

dair5
dair5
3,379 posts
Shepherd

Sorry for the double post, I meant to write

I hope they studied what makes people do this so they can help them understand it's wrong and they can be regular people.

Highfire
Highfire
3,026 posts
Nomad

If it is not an involuntary action, I have no moral problem with you being put to death for killing anyone in cold blood.

Screw understanding what makes people tick - self-defense? Fine, other conditions? Nearly always NO, but I actually wouldn't be surprised if I find an exception.

If you do it in cold-blood then you simply failed to understand how society works and you're effectively worse than primitive in terms of productivity. I'd say killing the person is acceptable and research should only be done if it is safe and if something will actually come out of it.

- H

dair5
dair5
3,379 posts
Shepherd

Well there are some medications for mental problems now but I don't think there's enough. For sadistic people they often don't understand. I understand if the person isn't mentally ill, but if they are then I think more research should be done. And I'm sure we could get something out of it. For some people they're just doing what feels good and don't understand it's wrong. They just might not understand sympathy. This could really help people, for some it's not even their fault.

JoeBlade
JoeBlade
47 posts
Nomad

There is no rational argument for the death penalty as a method of criminal justice. All arguments made in its favor are either easily debunked or boil down to an irrational lust for vengeance. It should be left behind along with torture as a relic of the Dark Ages.

dair5
dair5
3,379 posts
Shepherd

You can't not blame a person for killing a man because you were insane or sadistic or just a cold blooded murderer. It's their fault, and showing sympathy for them is something I'm not capable of.

Would you count schizophrenia as being insane? Because while they arn't being forced to do it, it can't be helped. Many people are sick and if they were like us they would ask for help, but they arn't. I would rather find a way to cure them then let them suffer a life they don't understand. And if we could help them, then nobody dies and everyone goes off better.
dair5
dair5
3,379 posts
Shepherd

Ok. But I still think the better option is finding whats wrong with them and fixing it. If we can't find whats wrong then they can die, but I don't think it's fair to give up on them.

EnterOrion
EnterOrion
4,223 posts
Nomad

The logic psychopaths have isn't really understandable by anyone but the psychopath, so you can't reason with them. If you can't reason with them than that means there isn't much point in helping somebody you can't help.

Psychopathy isn't insanity. It's a lack of empathy for other people, typically coupled with a relative void of emotion and fear.

It's pretty easy to get a psychopath to stop killing. Give them something that they value more than the thrill of killing, and the problem is solved. Most of the time they aren't unstoppable killing machines, it's just that they like killing people more than other things.

Would you count schizophrenia as being insane?

That all depends on how bad their schizophrenia is.
Ghgt99
Ghgt99
1,894 posts
Nomad

Hopefully Ukrainian jails have bad conditions.

Some do, some don't. I went to one, (as a tourist, I was not in prison) and it had really bad conditions. =P
Joe96
Joe96
2,233 posts
Peasant

It's sad to know that there are people like that living among us today. I don't know what would lead anyone do do such horrible things, especially just for the heck of it. I hope the families of the victims can cope with their horrible losses.

ShopwornSoul
ShopwornSoul
102 posts
Nomad

It's sad to know that there are people like that living among us today. I don't know what would lead anyone do do such horrible things, especially just for the heck of it. I hope the families of the victims can cope with their horrible losses.

I think you'd be stunned at just how commonplace people like that actually are. Granted, the subset that are stupid enough to commit random violence while filming it is much smaller but there are untold numbers of terrible people doing terrible things to people who probably don't deserve it at any given moment.

For a timely example see: Oslo.
MasterC2010
MasterC2010
187 posts
Shepherd

Some cases it is because of a mental issue (e.g. like you said, they like doing it). In other cases, which are not as surprising if you think it over, the murderers are retired soldiers or war veterans. Those guys/girls have been trained to kill. So what happens when they are no longer in the theatre of war and still have both their war training/instincts and their weaponry?

As far as a regular person, it has to be either:
1. peer pressure and/or how they were educated and brought up by their parents/environment
2. a mental disorder of some kind
3. complete loss with reality and a dangerously close weapon
Showing 16-30 of 32