ForumsPopular MediaWhat's your favorite animated move? ex Rio

50 19985
divy1324
divy1324
436 posts
Nomad

It doesn't matter how old you are to answer this question.

• 50 Replies
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

I'd definitely have to say Yellow Submarine. Even though some might say it's just one giant acid trip, I think it's a pretty funny and clever movie; not to mention how well-animated it is for its time.

thepyro222
thepyro222
2,151 posts
Peasant

I'm pretty partial to Up! Just a great movie

FloydTC
FloydTC
2,920 posts
Nomad

I really liked ratatouille. mostly because of all the french stereotypes.

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

I'd definitely have to say Yellow Submarine. Even though some might say it's just one giant acid trip, I think it's a pretty funny and clever movie; not to mention how well-animated it is for its time.

For pre-Pixar movies, yes that one wins.

I like Toy Story 2. Mostly for this scene:
GentlemanClam
GentlemanClam
529 posts
Nomad

The Incredibles. One of the best animated action films in my opinion. Wish they would make a squeal.

jstevensgt
jstevensgt
110 posts
Nomad

Cars is definitely top 3.. also the shreks were good

notinthepie3
notinthepie3
658 posts
Nomad

Oh yeah, I love Ratatouille!

I don't know why, but I just hate Ratatouillie. I just do.
I don't really have any favorite animated movies.
notinthepie3
notinthepie3
658 posts
Nomad

I guess my movie might be one of the old disney ones, like Snow White or Sleeping Beauty, or The Beauty and the Beast. All of the animated movies nowadays don't have nearly as much classical meaning as these movies do.

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

Wish they would make a squeal.

They have to. Remember in the end, the mole people came? That leaves Pixar with the sequel right there.

'Castle In The Sky' is really good. My Asian friends showed me that, and it was really good. For Pixar films, either Toy Story, or Finding Nemo. Both are awesome, though I find Nemo to be more quotable:

'Just keep swimming, just keep swimming!'

'I shall call him squishy, and he shall be my squishy.'

'I can speak whale! Wrrroaoar, eeearrkk graaagrh.'

'Fish are friends, not food. Except steak and dolphins.'

'This really is a party! Look, balloons!'

'A sea cucumber walks up to an anemone. Well, he doesnt really walk, because everyone knows sea cucumbers can't walk. Anyways...'

Rather, Dori is more quotable. XD
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

I don't know why, but I just hate Ratatouillie. I just do.

I think it dosen't have the deep themes like the other Pixar films do. There isn't really a message (ex. Toy Story = friendship)
FloydTC
FloydTC
2,920 posts
Nomad

There isn't really a message (ex. Toy Story = friendship)

ratatouille is just as much about friendship as toy story is. the rat does all the cooking for the ginger, but the ginger ends up taking him for granted, so the rat feels betrayed and that the ginger doesnt value their friendship.
Binary_Illusion
Binary_Illusion
300 posts
Jester

Cars 2 was pretty good! But I remember the Scoobie Doo movies were also pretty awesome back in the day.
I don't watch too many animated movies, but Up was both emotional and captivating. It had a story behind it, and devoted love. I appreciate that.

So up!

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

There isn't really a message (ex. Toy Story = friendship)

I'll expand on that: Toy Story involved jealousy, empathy, loss, forgiveness; A deeper, more developed friendship. Ratatouille was much thinner in that respect. What was the message (other than cooking)? Don't decieve the guy who spared your life?
keeton52
keeton52
928 posts
Nomad

You counting anime movies in this? (All I see is that crap Pixar spews out of its dirty old mouth)

d_dude
d_dude
3,525 posts
Peasant

(All I see is that crap Pixar spews out of its dirty old mouth

I got this. One of the best animated movies I have ever seen is Spirited Away. An amazing Japanese movie from 2001. This movie beat both Lilo & Stitch, and Ice Age and won the Academy Award for Best Animated Feature at the Oscars in 2002. Disney can go cry a river when movies like this are made.

By the way, the director of this move also directed Howl's Moving Castle (Nominated for Academy Award for Best Animated Feature) which is another amazing movie.
Showing 1-15 of 50