ForumsThe TavernWhat do you hate most with rain?

26 4948
Zleyer
Zleyer
27 posts
Nomad

As the topic say, what do you hate most about the rain?

I hate the smell of wet asphalt.

• 26 Replies
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,319 posts
Treasurer

To me, the worst thing about rain is getting wet.

JohnGarell
JohnGarell
1,747 posts
Peasant

For the moment it's raining much outside and that disturb me when I'm writing this post.

So, the sound.

notinthepie3
notinthepie3
655 posts
Nomad

Nothing. Rain is nice and refreshing. The smell is clean and crisp (usually), and it makes everything seem clear. As for getting wet, it's not that bad. Unless you're wearing something nice. Then it might suck.

Turtelman1234
Turtelman1234
2,911 posts
Nomad

When it rains, it affects the air pressure. I'm very sensitive to changes in air pressure. So I get headaches mailed to me from Satan himself when it rains. And it makes everything smell funky.

iMogwai
iMogwai
2,027 posts
Peasant

Yeah, I don't really mind the getting wet part either, the smell is probably the worst part for me as well. I don't really mind the noise, unless it's when I'm trying to sleep, but even then it's not too bad.

GentlemanClam
GentlemanClam
523 posts
Nomad

I don't mind rain too much. But I hate the mosquitoes that come after the rain. Like if it rains and the next day while I'm waiting for my bus to come for school I get attacked by mosquitoes. It gets really annoying and I get really PO'd.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

The only thing I don't like is that my shoes get wet, which gets my socks wet.

Is it my fault if I can't resist the urge to jump in a puddle?

Turtelman1234
Turtelman1234
2,911 posts
Nomad

Is it my fault if I can't resist the urge to jump in a puddle?

Not at all, I do the same thing if i'm going to my bus stop in the morning and it happens to be raining.

I forgot that rain also messes up whatever colonge/bodyspray/other nice-smelling scents you happen to be wearing at the time.
eatmydust166
eatmydust166
923 posts
Peasant

Very loud thunder, because it can get very annoying. Such as last night, there was this very loud thunder and it woke me up and it went on for a long time. Plus it scared the crap out of my dog :P

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

One other thing I hate is the traffic. There's an important tunnel near where I live, so anytime it rains, the tunnel gets backed up for miles.

This is my 8888th post.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,253 posts
Regent

Thunder isn't really part of rain, sin't it? PLus, it's awesome. Well at least I think so.

What I don't like about rain is when it's not ending. And the smell of certain things after the rain, like wet dogs. Wet asphalt doesn't bother me at all though, I almost like it.

I do really enjoy short and heavy rainfall, of course lightning and thunder makes it even better.
I also like rain when I'm feeling down, it's almost like a "I feel with you" from the sky.

I just don't enjoy it when it goes on for over a few days, not necessarily rain but generally the grey sky and so on. Too much is too much.

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,438 posts
Jester

I like the rain in general, but I dislike when it rains heavy late at night and keeps me up.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

I love the rain, I like taking walks in the rain, watching the rain, and doing a lot of things in the rain. The only thing I dislike is when it damages stuff. Such as yesterday, there was a thunder storm and it was pouring so much it knocked down the power lines in my neighborhood and we didn't have any power for about four hours.

johnmerz
johnmerz
536 posts
Shepherd

For me, the thing I hate most about rain is that I get wet from it, although the worst thing is probably flooding.

FloydTC
FloydTC
2,906 posts
Nomad

you never know when its going to stop, so sometimes I cant get the shampoo out of my hair.

Showing 1-15 of 26