ForumsThe TavernHow to Beat the Heat

22 4103
Turtelman1234
Turtelman1234
2,911 posts
Nomad

If you live in the U.S. , you've probably been affected by this heat wave. What do you do to keep cool? Do you swim? Drink lots of water? Or do you do something crazy yet effective?

• 22 Replies
imho
imho
29 posts
Scribe

Very high temperatures in Russia, too.

imho
imho
29 posts
Scribe

If you live in a big city, it is best to leave out of the city. For example to go fishing or hiking.

GentlemanClam
GentlemanClam
523 posts
Nomad

I don't notice the heat too much when I'm inside. But I also drink a lot of water so that helps.

notinthepie3
notinthepie3
655 posts
Nomad

I love the heat and summer. It's so nice down in Vegas. I mostly drink a TON of water and keep all of the fans on. One thing I hate about the heat and sun is sunburns. I get really bad sunburns, and it sucks, because I can never get rid of them by turning them into a tan. It just turns pink.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

Generally, if it's too hot, I end up having to take off my shirt. If it gets unbearable, I usually end up taking off my jeans as well.

But I don't go any further than that.

Roger721
Roger721
1,100 posts
Nomad

In hot days, it looks like your strenght is being drained...

In Summer, I always go swim, drink a lot of water and let all the ceiling fans at max power...

eatmydust166
eatmydust166
923 posts
Peasant

Well, if I'm inside I just turn on the A/C or just a fan. If I'm outside I try to stay in the shade as much as I can or just bring something to drink. If your outside, I think you just can't do too much about it.

FloydTC
FloydTC
2,906 posts
Nomad

lie down with an ice pack on your forehead. just not for too long because you can get frostbite from that.

thepyro222
thepyro222
2,150 posts
Peasant

I get A LOT of slurpees in the summer

dudeguy45
dudeguy45
2,917 posts
Peasant

I just suck on ice cubes and blast the A/C.

Graham
Graham
8,051 posts
Nomad

I put my mother's hand in my armpit to show I didn't want to leave the air conditioned house.

bschnauzer7
bschnauzer7
289 posts
Scribe

I am on a swim team, so it isn't as bad for me. Hit the pool once in a while, or go to a local public beach/lake. It's really good for beating the heat. And always make sure you are drinking enough water.

ilovemoney249
ilovemoney249
811 posts
Nomad

Call your GF over and go butt naked. Win/win situation there.

Blkasp
Blkasp
1,304 posts
Nomad

Generally, if it's too hot, I end up having to take off my shirt.

I hope you don't do this outside.

1. People will see a shirtless person
2. It makes you hotter in the long run
3. You will get sun burns.
PlasmaMan
PlasmaMan
464 posts
Nomad

I just take a cold shower or on occasion I go to the beach. Sure sunburns hurt but it's worth it at the beach but also I live in Florida so theres lots of beaches.

Showing 1-15 of 22