ForumsThe TavernWhat helps you fall asleep?

24 4921
cje95
cje95
38 posts
Jester

It's about time for me to hit the hay and I was just wondering what helps you fall asleep?

• 24 Replies
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Drinking Tilo tea, taking a shower half hour before I go to sleep, clearing my head, stretching, mediating, and turning everything off in the room I'm sleeping in.

FloydTC
FloydTC
2,906 posts
Nomad

lie down and dont move at all. if you can do that without thinking about anything, you can fall asleep easily.

iMogwai
iMogwai
2,027 posts
Peasant

if you can do that without thinking about anything,

^ I can't do that no matter how hard I try. I can never shut off my brain. If I try, I get a major headache. I usually listen to some calm music when it starts to get late.
jstevensgt
jstevensgt
108 posts
Nomad

i fell asleep pretty quick last night listening to dubstep music lol

GentlemanClam
GentlemanClam
523 posts
Nomad

I can't never really seem to fall asleep very fast. Like it seems to take me about 30-60 minutes or more to fall asleep. But that's probably because I'm usually thinking about so many things when I'm in bed. Which is somethng I can really seem to stop doing. Anyway, staying up late can help me sometimes.

delossantosj
delossantosj
6,672 posts
Nomad

pitch black, minimal sound is usually what works for most people. i personally prefer some soft jazz hip hop in the back round. like a tribe called quest or pauls boutique. jazz in general i love falling asleep to

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,139 posts
Farmer

I the opposite of "thinking about nothing" works for me best.
I usually lay in bed and think of like anything, let me imagination run wild and i usually drift off and my thought carries over to a dream.

TacoRepairMan
TacoRepairMan
14 posts
Nomad

I find that if I drink enough whiskey, that I fall asleep and don't even realize it.

shift4101
shift4101
196 posts
Peasant

^

Lol

I listen to music with bulky headphones that hurt when laying down. You have to actively think about tilting your head, and by the time your done listening your mind is tired of focusing and I drift right off.

Joe96
Joe96
2,226 posts
Peasant

what helps you fall asleep

Jump into a really deep hole
http://bin.smwcentral.net/36128/you-mad.jpg

Basically Just what everyone else was saying, and maybe sleeping pills :P
Turtelman1234
Turtelman1234
2,911 posts
Nomad

I listen to music for about 30 minutes. Then I'm able to fall asleep pretty easy. If I don't, I'm up all night.

snowguy13
snowguy13
2,157 posts
Nomad

Sometimes ambient noise--things like cars honking in the distance, a TV running, or talking nearby--may actually help me fall asleep. Otherwise, I typically don't try to go to sleep until my body wants to go to sleep.

awesomenessperson7
awesomenessperson7
149 posts
Nomad

I keep my lamp on (for reasons you are not allowed to know),read until midnight then fall asleep to my brother talking to his friends will he is playing games or try to catch faint sound from his audiobook

Brenz89
Brenz89
14 posts
Peasant

just close your eyes and wait and ull faall asleep lol

Fishdert
Fishdert
37 posts
Nomad

I will turn on a fan or other source of white noise as I feel distracted by ambient noises like traffic.

just close your eyes and wait and ull faall asleep lol

Unfortunately, it does not work that easily for most people (especially if you want to go to sleep at a reasonable hour).
Showing 1-15 of 24