ForumsThe TavernWhat helps you fall asleep?

24 4919
cje95
cje95
38 posts
Jester

It's about time for me to hit the hay and I was just wondering what helps you fall asleep?

• 24 Replies
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

If I really want to fall asleep, I'll keep my overhead light on. Why? Once I lie down, I'm not going to want to turn it off again. Me going to sleep is pretty much just an excuse to not turn off the light.

This technique only works if you're an incredibly lazy and unmotivated person.

bravehawk204
bravehawk204
349 posts
Nomad

I can fall asleep in just about any condition.

gbnxc
gbnxc
190 posts
Nomad

I usually just count or start thinking about somthin an then just like drift away in my thoughts

cbreezy623
cbreezy623
59 posts
Nomad

Wake up early every day. Exercise a few hours a day. In the morning or the afternoon. Not at night. I repeat not at night. Because after you exercise you get a pumped up feeling. Look all over the web to find foods that make you sleepy. Tea and warm milk are probably some of the most well known food/drink that make you sleep.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

Tea and warm milk are probably some of the most well known food/drink that make you sleep.

Tea has caffeine in it, so unless you have previous experience with this being an acceptable solution, I'd suggest you steer away from it for this purpose.
PlasmaMan
PlasmaMan
464 posts
Nomad

I've never gone to bed without playing a DVD in my collection. Really! Once the DVD player broke and I didn't sleep all night.

Dregus2
Dregus2
492 posts
Blacksmith

hitting yourself in the head with a sludge hammer or watching those boring brazilian soap operas. either one works for me

RainbowGoGangster3
RainbowGoGangster3
529 posts
Nomad

my music if it turns off in the middle of the night i will instantly wake up one time i tried sleeping without my music and i couldnt fall asleep so music helps me fall asleept

Binary_Illusion
Binary_Illusion
299 posts
Jester

I meditate while laying down. meditation slows the brain waves, and clears the mind. It is an excellent way to relax and because the head is supported the brain will release sleep hormones to assist in you falling asleep!

Showing 16-24 of 24